24 Hour Fitness - 24 Hour Fitness, Moutain View, CA - promised 2 free training sessions - quite club afer first month and want refund for second month paid for, but didn't use

Posted on Thursday, November 28th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 3dc0de23

Product: 24 Hour Fitness

Company: 24 Hour Fitness

Category: Sports, Recreation

24 hour fitness 800-432-6348 they don't provide an email address for contacting the company, this may be because they get a lot of complaints, I'd guess COMPLAINTS.COM is the appropriate address to forward the complaint... I went to the club in Mountain View to learn about a trial membership with most flexibility since my job search was likely to take me out of the area at any time. The salesperson, Larry, told me to sign up for the $49/month membership with $69 initiation fee and he would give me a special deal and include 2 free training sessions. He called in the fitness manager and made a big deal about how he was personally sponsoring me for 2 free training sessions.

He then charged me for 2 months (first and last) but assured me I was not obligated for 2 months. Upon completion of the 2 orientation sessions (normally included and required with membership of any kind) I was told Larry had misinformed me and there were no free training sessions, just orientations/tours.

I don't appreciate being lied to, esp. when Larry made a big theatrical production like I was stupid enough never to realize orientation and training aren't the same. In disgust, I quit the club before 1 month was up and asked for a refund of the unused month. The manager on duty promised to look into it and call me. that was a few weeks ago. nothing heard. In summary, the staff at this club lied and behaved unprofessionally, and the fitness course schedule in the one month I saw was constantly canceling classes, changing the schedule, and overbooked for the popular programs but the club appeared to be doing nothing to address the scheduling problems. I want a refund of the 2nd month that I did not use and I won't advocate 24 hour fitness until THEY shape up and train their employees to behave professionally.