Posted on Friday, November 22nd, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 94475ca5

Company: 2002 Sebring LX - has power surge on the highway while driving around 40-65 mph - angry consumer

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 20, 2002:

From:

RE: 2002 Sebring LX - has power surge on the highway while driving around 40-65 mph - angry consumer

I have purchased a 2002 Sebring LX with 0 miles on it, and have had nothing but problems with this car. I have taken the car to the dealer (Jenkins Chrysler) and all they say is "we can not detect a problem at this time" or "the car runs the way it should". My car has a surge on the highway around 40-65 miles an hour. Now the funny thing is my car only does this when it is warm or hot outside. When it is cold out its hard to detect.

When a Chrysler Rep. and a Mechanic drove my car they said that yes they felt the surge, but that it was normal. So I went online and looked for any complaints that was posted for this kind of car, and it said Severe Highway Surge from 40-65 miles an hour on warm or hot days. HELLO....isnt that what I said???

So I sent a letter to Chrysler, and explained the problems with the car, certified it to them with all the service papers, and the copy of the report I found, and they still will not do a thing with the car. I read the papers from the Atterney Generals office on the Lemon Law, and it stated that after Chrsyler recieved the Certified letter that they had 30 days to fix the car, or resolve the problem.

I had to call Chrysler on the 29th day to see what they were going to do about my car, they said "a Chrysler rep has already checked your car, and said it performs the way it is suppose to" But noone has checked my car since I certified the letter.

Thats not right, they had 30 days, and still did nothing for me. Im not only complaining about the surge, but all the work that has been done on my car since I got it. Air Conditioner had to be fixed, Computer had to be updated...heres a funny thing, they updated my computer in my car for a surge on the highway...HA HA HA...didnt work people!!!!!!! Fuel leveler had to be replaced, and the spark plugs failed, not just one but all the spark plugs. Is there a problem with this car? YES...do I want out of this car?? YES... Im very angry and will never, deal with Chrysler ever again.......

An Angry Customer...Sandy Allen