2001 Ford Zx2 escort - brake lever replaced - can't stop vehicle from vibrating

Posted on Thursday, November 21st, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 1c0d2e32

Company: 2001 Ford Zx2 escort - brake lever replaced - can't stop vehicle from vibrating

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 19, 2002:

From:

RE: 2001 Ford Zx2 escort - brake lever replaced - can't stop vehicle from vibrating

my name is Cassandra Royal. My email address is COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_69362# My complaint is that I purchased a 2001 ford zx2 with 25 miles on it form dobbs ford in Memphis. my problem is that after 2 months I had to have the brake lever replaced and about two months later the car started vibrating really bad.

I have taken this car to the dealership several times and was told that nothing could be done to stop this vehicle from vibrating and that this is a normal characteristic of all escorts. other problems that I am experiencing are loss of power, jerking when driving, and stalling while accelerating.

my problem is that if this is normal that I would have experienced this problem from day one and even so when I test drove it.

I have called customer service trying to get numbers from president, owners or anyone that can help but apparently these people don't exist because no one has any information on them. so i advise all readers and possible buyers of ford vehicles to be ware and don't buy this vehicle but it is very dangerous.