Posted on Saturday, November 16th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by dfdaa3db

Company: 2001 Saturn - 14 months new, and has been in for repair over 12 times - including 5 times for the transmission

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 14, 2002:

From:

RE: 2001 Saturn - 14 months new, and has been in for repair over 12 times - including 5 times for the transmission

I bought a 2001 Saturn from Herrin Gear Saturn of Jackson, Mississippi. Since i have had the car, ( about 14 months now) It has been in their shop more than my garage. I have taken it back over 12 times, 5 times for the transmission which sometimes wont pull or shift, makes bad noises, they always say nothing wrong can be found, cv axle replacement only weeks after buying, interior trim falling off, the insulation they used to try and hide trans. noise caught fire.

Now it sounds as if the trans. is about to fall out, been back at the Dealership for over week and they still say they dont know. I asked them to just give me another car and they cant do it, They say i have to give them 3,000.00 to take it back, now i have been paying 275.00 a month on this piece of crap over a year and it doesnt seem right.

I think it is because i am Female and am also thinking of suing them. Are there no rights for a consumer? I dont want anything free, just what i paid for, a new trouble free car for my Daughter to drive to college, now i dont trust Saturn at all!!!!!!!

Thanks, Lynn Faulkner