Posted on Friday, November 15th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 40ebbb2c

Company: 2002 honda 1800 goldwing motorcycle - trouble using CD player - trouble with repair

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 13, 2002:

From:

RE: 2002 honda 1800 goldwing motorcycle - trouble using CD player - trouble with repair

I , victor L. Reid , picked up my 1800 in may 2002 in new jersey at three bridge , burger motorcycle sales and service. when I taking receive of the bike the c.d. player did not take the cd's at the time the installer came around and tried my cd and one of here's .

The gate on the player would not open to receive the cd . He inform me it would have to be replaced when they receive it from honda . It took honda until slept. 2002 to send me another player and it was a rebuilt one , which did not work . So , at that time the dealer put the bike back on the stand and again put another rebuilt player in my bike . I asked ," while am I getting a rebuilt player and I paid for new one ? " Honda is only sending rebuilt one .

Honda , think maybe because I burn my own cd's it could be the problem and I should by new cd's. the cd format is the reason why audio does not work in cds not why the equipment doesn't work all the time or anytime or part of the time . today 13 of nov. 2002 again I've talked to honda in cal. about this problem and they called back after the person (matt) talked to his boss for me again to take my bike to the dealer and have him to take the player out and send it to them so they can put it in there bike and see why it does not work in my bike .

Since may of 2002 I've had little or no use of this player and now for the fifth time they will take this player out of my bike and , but , now want it sent to them and if it doesn't work in there bike if I want I can get my money back ! Honda , is aware of the problem and have change brands and mounts , but they going to play these game . Honda is for the money and not for the biker .