Posted on Wednesday, November 13th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by e2952f2b

Company: General Electric Microwave - Hood Exhaust remains inoperable even after 7 repair attempts

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 11, 2002:

From:

RE: General Electric Microwave - Hood Exhaust remains inoperable even after 7 repair attempts

Gentlemen,

My wife and I purchased a mobile home with all GE appliances. All have served us well with the exception of our microwave/hood exhaust.

The repairmen have come to our home seven (7) times, and to this date, it remains inoperable.

The last repairman contacted his home office requesting they replace this "LEMON" microwave. After making us wait almost a week, they declined, saying they want to continue sending repairmen to our home. Please note I have lost seven (7) half days of work to this date.

When I asked the people at General Electric to give me the address of their legal department, so that I may file a "small claims suit", they REFUSED to do so.

We need assistance soon... we have no microwave, and worse yet, no exhaust fan. I would just go purchase a new unit, but our financial situation does not afford us that opportunity.

Any assistance you can render would be most appreciated. In hopes that you can help us, we remain..... Very truly yours,

Nick Mills