Posted on Saturday, November 2nd, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 5adc9d74

Company: Providian - credit card account sold to www.mycardaccount.com - can't get thru on 800 number - can't activate credit card

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 31, 2002:

From: RE: Providian - credit card account sold to www.mycardaccount.com - can't get thru on 800 number - can't activate credit card

I had a Providian credit card. They recently sold my account to another bank without any explanation. I have always paid my bills regularly and I have a good credit history. The problem is that the other bank doesn't offer the same benefits like cheap hotels, car assistance.

The bank actually seems crappy the name is "mycardaccount services" I call the 1-800 number of that bank, and the number doesn't even work! I can't even activate my new card! Their website www.mycardaccount.com is very poor and very slow.

What bothers me also is that I paid to get extra services with Providian and now they dump my account. Don't they owe me the $150 I paid for these extra services??? And I never chose mycardaccount services as a bank, it is a real downgrade for me.

I feel like getting a lawyer and suing Providian. I heard they did it to a lot of other customers. I don't know if people are getting together to sue them, if that is the case email me back I would be interested to sue them too.

Victor Labate

475cd4be, 2008-04-11, 06:42AM CDT

I NEED A WORKING NUMBER FOR BECAUSE I PAID MY PAYMENT BUT IT IS NOT SHOWING UP ON MY BANK STATEMENT. NOW IF SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED TO MY PAYMENT, I TALK TO ANYONE TO FIND OUT SO I AM GONNA BE UPSET SINCE I DO NOT KNOW IF PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED AND IF NOT, YOU CAN BET THEY ARE GONNA ADD A LATE PAYMENT ON MY CARD WHICH IS NOT RIGHT BECAUSE I MAILED PAYMENT BUT CAN'T CONFIRM IF RECEIVED OR NOT!!!

580fc2ec, 2008-07-28, 11:07PM CDT

I am going thru the same thing. I can't make my payments online and the 800 number just keeps repeating istself. Now my new bills states that the website is www.DEETTOCARD.COM That website does not exist what in the world is going on with this company? Can somebody help?

[email protected]

0ec41f0a, 2010-05-09, 11:13AM CDT

Same story. However, I have now received my new DEETTOCARD. Apparently, the predecessor shut down their website in terms of ability to make payments, etc. earlier than SST (DEETTOCARD) indicates would occur in its cover letter transmitting the new cards. If SST is to be "credited" (sorry, couldn't resist), we should all be able to contact DEETTOCARD and make payments in a variety of ways, including through www.DEETTOCARD.com, starting 5-10-2010.

We'll see.

Mike Price

6fd90a74, 2010-05-11, 12:46PM CDT

I got my new card after first equity card sold out to this deetto card.I did call and it did active it but like everyone said there no way to access your account info on line cus it does`nt exist? Hopefully get something from them sone in the mail.I only owe about 500.00 to first equity and if i knew this was going on i would have just piad them off and canceled out to the card

cdb05e21, 2010-05-21, 10:03AM CDT

I had a First Equity business card that was transferred to deettocard. The web site does not exist. The phone number on the card is not a working number. Googline deettocard.com yields that NCO is the registrant for that domain name, but they claim to know nothing about my account.

I guess I just have to wait until I get a statement from these people. It sure makes me leery of sending them any money. Anyone in this situation with this company should be very careful about sending them money.

f77b4be7, 2010-07-01, 06:05PM CDT

first equity sold my account also. cant find the deettocard site either, makes me wonder. and i get a statement with a late fee, said they sent one last month-- i NEVER got it.

sm