E-mail Forwarder - Iname.com - www.mail.com Several years ago, I paid about 20 dollars to Iname.com for what the company assured me would be a permanent E-mail identity. My mail was being - E-mail forwarder - www.iname.com - www.mail.com can't call service, service doesn't work

Posted on Monday, November 26th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by b008af6e

Company: E-mail Forwarder - Iname.com - www.mail.com Several years ago, I paid about 20 dollars to Iname.com for what the company assured me would be a permanent E-mail identity. My mail was being

November 24, 2001:

From:

RE: E-mail Forwarder - Iname.com - www.mail.com Several years ago, I paid about 20 dollars to Iname.com for what the company assured me would be a "permanent" E-mail identity. My mail was being forwarded from Iname to my ISP.

Earlier this month, I noticed an E-mail drought. I went to the Iname site and discovered it was being succeeded by www.mail.com. Neither Web site has a telephone number nor address, so all contact must be by way of E-mail.

www.mail.com promises that it will respond within 48 hours to E-mail, but I have sent three messages beginning Monday 11/9 and there has been no response six days later.

A FAQ page says that some addresses might not be available because they are being "migrated" from Iname to a bigger server. But what kind of a business takes a major step like this without at least letting its customers know of the move in advance?

I've lost a lot of E-mail because of this incident and I wouldn't be interested in doing business again with either Iname or www.mail.com

Thanks.