Target - Stores, Target - Tommy Armour golf travel cover not allowed exchange or store credit

Posted on Wednesday, November 14th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by bf12f48e

Company: Target

Category: Stores, Shopping

My husband and I purchased a Tommy Armour Deluxe Padded Golf Travel Cover for our son on 29 Jul 01 for his birthday. When our son came home this weekend (from college), he tried to return the golf bag. I still had the receipt in my purse. The manager at the local Target store would not let him return it. Reason for return. Design of the latch on the sling is not heavy duty enough to carry clubs over the shoulder. The latch is plastic and keeps stretching apart making the bag useless. My son discovered this when packing his clubs to carry on a plane trip a couple of weeks ago. My husband and I are frequent shoppers at Target. But, this makes three different times we have tried to return items and because of store policy was told we could neither return the item or get credit. This is a ridiculous policy and is not a very friendly attitude toward your customers. If you do not give us a credit or allow us to return this merchandise that has never been used, we will no longer be patronizing your stores. This will not only cause more problems for us, especially with the upcoming holidays, but your company will no longer benefit from our friends or family member's business either. I realize we are only one family but word does travel fast in small towns. Thank you for your time and please reconsider your store return policy. Gail K.

San Angelo, TX