Posted on Monday, May 5th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by 0ee40287

Company: 1999 Plymouth Voyager - blown head gasket at 50,000 miles - leaks oil at 63,000 miles

# 15 for May 4, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on May 3, 2003:

From: Jay Kidder [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_23863#]

RE: 1999 Plymouth Voyager - blown head gasket at 50,000 miles - leaks oil at 63,000 miles

I had approximately 59,000 miles on the odometer in December, 2002 when I started getting an "engine oil" light. When I took the vehicle in for service I was informed I had a "blown head gasket". I called Chrysler Corp. helpline and they gave me a reference number and asked me to contact the service dealer.

I did so and the service manager contacted the "district manager" who determined that "good will assistance" would allow me the "parts only" to fix the problem....the other $800 or $900 I had to pay.

Funny thing, as I was talking to one of the service representatives about the problem, he volunteered the following comment: "If you would have asked me, I would have told you NOT to buy a 4 cylinder...they seem to overheat a lot".

The car has 63,000+ on it now, still leaks oil...but I will get even with Chrysler by purchasing a NEW "other than Chrysler" vehicle this year!

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_23863#

6eb90e7f, 2007-10-25, 05:34PM CDT

I have a 1999 Voyager van with the 4 cyl. engine, at 64000 miles a leak started at the head gasket. After web searching and the help of lemonaid used cars. I found out that the motor is prone to Head gasket leaks and that Chrysler will help cover some costs. When I called the local dealer and informed them of my problem and what will they do for me. They agreed to fix the problem for $250.00 including all parts.