Posted on Tuesday, May 20th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by d0f97921

Company: 1994 Dodge 1500 4x4 truck - at 178,426 km paint is peeling and chipping and causing body damage

# 10 for May 19, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on May 18, 2003:

From: Joyce [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27581#]

RE: 1994 Dodge 1500 4x4 truck - at 178,426 km paint is peeling and chipping and causing body damage

Hello. I am writing as a very dissatisfied customer of a Dodge product. I purchased a truck in November 2000, privately from the origional owner with 121,000 km on purchase date. I then approached the local Dodge Chrysler Jeep dealership (Ponoka Alberta) for any recalls and warranty information I would need on this vehicle. The dealership did inform me about some recalls needed, but failed to inform me that I had any warranty remaining. Now at 178,426 my truck's paint is peeling and chipping causing body damage.

In the areas where the paint has chipped surface rust has occurred and local paint and collison repair outlets have informed me that I'm looking at a bill of at least $2000 for a new paint job. Now my complaint is that this dealership failed to inform me that the paint was cover under warranty until December 2002, or 160,000 km.

When I approached them, I was still in the kilomitre bracket, and was mislead.I have had numerous problems with this dealership in reguards to my truck just coming out from being mainainced, and have problems the very next day. I returned the truck to the dealership that day, and was informed that I was 3 litres low on oil. Now your telling me that this could not have been detected when the vehicle was the for Maintaince?

I am not trying to cause waves, but I feel that this situation with the paint could have been avoided if I was properly informed as to what my warranty still had remaining.I have appoached another dealership (Pioneer Chrysler in Wetaskiwin), who informed me of the warranty running out after 160,000 km and they advised me to write and see what can be done.

Thank you for your immediate attention to my concerns.

Sincerely,