1997 GMC Safari - problem with the idler arms

# 25 for May 16, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on May 15, 2003:

From: sahira basslan [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27645#]

RE: 1997 GMC Safari - problem with the idler arms

I recently took my car a 1997 gmc safari to the gmc dealer for a problem with the idler arms. The warranty company took a look at it and told me that it work they did will not replace it. However, if I wanted to pay it myself my myself that's fine. This is my problem while driving when I make left or right turns you hear a loud squeaking noise I have had this problem for a couple of years.

Originally they didn't know where the noise was coming from. When I went to get my tires replaced. I replaced all 4 tires last year. When I took to my van to a tire place, they were also going to do a wheel alignment. The mechanic told me they couldn't do my wheel alignment because the idler arms were no good they needed to be replaced.

I was told if they were not replaced the new wheels that we installed will get worn out. So he installed the new tires and told me he couldn't do the wheel alignment. I called the dealer and told them what happened they told me to bring the van in I did I also called the warranty company they came to the dealer and inspected the van. They told me that everything was ok and that it was working to manufacture specifications.

I believe that it is a huge lie because no manufacture specifications would tell you that it would interfere with the wheel alignment and that you have to replace your tires every couple of months. As of this day it has not been a full year after replacing the tires and know I'm told that I need 2 new front tires because they are worn out. Thank You

Sahira Basslan