Posted on Friday, May 16th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by d471a4b7

Company: 1999 Mitsubishi Galant - defect in the paint job - car has almost completely lost its color

# 16 for May 15, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on May 14, 2003:

From: jennifer lucky [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27663#]

RE: 1999 Mitsubishi Galant - defect in the paint job - car has almost completely lost its color

I am making payments on a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant that I am not happy with. There is a defect in the paint job and the car has almost completely lost it's color. When I purchased the car it was black, now it is almost completely white. I took the car back to the Dealership. What a joke that was.

The cooperate office in California is an even bigger joke. Yet Mitsubishi motors says that they are committed to assuring customer satisfaction and wants us to be completely satisfied. That is not true, neither do they stand behind the product that they sell. There has been so many recall notices on the car than I care to "recall". I have been shuffled around from manager, to service manager, to owner of Dealership, to cooperate office.

It is a never ending battle and trust me when I say no assistance, you will get no assistance! The only thing Mitsubishi motors cares about is the sell. They were happy to see me sign on the dotted line when I purchased the car, now that I am requesting them to paint their defective car, they have no idea who I am, what I am and why I am. Just call me "Sam I am".

b63aea9c, 2009-02-17, 11:32AM CST

I totally agree. I have a 99 Mitsubishi Galant and I had the exact same problem. I called the dealer and the corporate office and they gave me a swift no! I doubt if I will buy another product of theirs!