eBay.com - paid $ 300 and didn't receive merchandise - no help from Paypal or eBay I bought online via ebay, for their safe neighborhood claims. I used Paypal, thinking I was taking extra pre - eBay.com - paid $ 300 and didn't receive merchandise - no help from Paypal or eBay

Posted on Wednesday, May 14th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by d8869c9f

Company: eBay.com - paid $ 300 and didn't receive merchandise - no help from Paypal or eBay I bought online via ebay, for their safe neighborhood claims. I used Paypal, thinking I was taking extra pre

# 14 for May 13, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on May 12, 2003:

From: joyce dean [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27715#]

RE: eBay.com - paid $ 300 and didn't receive merchandise - no help from Paypal or eBay I bought online via ebay, for their "safe neighborhood" claims. I used Paypal, thinking I was taking extra precautions. Maybe it was that way once, BUT IT'S NOT SAFE NOW!

Paypal was recently procured by ebay, and where BEFORE paypal did work with the credit company, their lawyers have found an out, claiming they are merely "money changers" & you have to pursue the seller.

Your credit card company doesn't actually pay the seller directly, so they can't help you. So unless you GO to the seller, in another state & sue in court, like me you may be out $300, with no merchandise!

When I followed Ebay's advise, & tried to mediate, I even missed my chance to post "negative feedback"! So you can't go by that, especially under threats - remember the seller has your address!

As for ebay, I continued to alert ebay through emails (no other way to contact them) and they ignored my concerns