Posted on Tuesday, May 13th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by 9e6be891

Company: 1999 Suzuki Esteem Wagon - unable to trade in as planned - can't find mechanic that is willing to work on vehicle

# 5 for May 12, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on May 11, 2003:

From: Loreley C Russ [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27728#]

RE: 1999 Suzuki Esteem Wagon - unable to trade in as planned - can't find mechanic that is willing to work on vehicle

I purchased my Esteem wagon in July of 99 from Golden Triangle Suzuki which is now Concord Suzuki located in Beaumont, Texas. At the time of my purchase the floor manager, Harold, and I talked about the mileage that I put on my vehicles.

At that time he said to bring it back prior to 150,000 miles and he would work with me. We even figured out how much I would owe on the vehicle and approximately when I would have the agreed mileage. WELL - - in August of this past year I took the vehicle in to trade as agreed and Harold even remembered our conversation.

However, I was told that the vehicle had too many miles (146,000) and that I owed too much ($7,000) and that since Suzuki had quit making the Esteem that they would not take it as a trade in. I have checked with other Suzuki dealers and was also told that they would not take it as a trade in. I contacted American Suzuki Co. and was told that there was nothing that they could do since each dealership is privately owned.

The dealerships governs their own dealings with the public and sets their own guidelines. I was not able to find a mechanic that was willing to work on the Esteem. The reason being that the vehicle itself was designed in a way that it was difficult to service. Needless to say I am a very disappointed customer of Suzuki Automotive products. Loreley Russ

deae88bb, 2008-02-21, 04:53PM CST

Esteems are quite easy to work on. Without manuals, however any car is difficult to work on and the info is hard to find. By the way I have 275000 on my 2000 and except for alternator bearings (went through a flood) and the starter, Nothing has been done to the car.