1999 Chevy Blazer LT - wheel bearings required replacement at 47,000 miles

Posted on Saturday, June 1st, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by caf963b3

Company: 1999 Chevy Blazer LT - wheel bearings required replacement at 47,000 miles

# 33 for May 31, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on May 30, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27108#

RE: 1999 Chevy Blazer LT - wheel bearings required replacement at 47,000 miles

i took my blazer in for new tires with 47,000. miles. Once the wheels were offf i was informed that my front, left and right bearings were shot. a service station wanted to charge me 421.00.

I went to a Chevy dealership for a second opinion (i'm a woman) and they said yes it was true but its not under the warranty and it would cost me 1,004.00. I went back to the reputable service station and had them repaired. After speaking about this to many men (i live in the MOTOR CITY) they said it was very unusal for this to happen.

Actually, it should not have happened at all at this mileage. I needed them replaced, and now i am seeking for some sort of satisfaction since i do not beleive that it was the "usual wear and tear" of the vechicle. I believe its a defect on GMs part and i need an answer!

For the amount of money i have paid for this LT model, i have not been happy with this product(not only what happenend) but i will never own another. It was my first and now my last.

thank-you