1993 Mazda 626 - faulty transmission replaced at 85,000 miles

# 25 for May 31, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on May 30, 2002:

From: George Weilhamer [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27101#]

RE: 1993 Mazda 626 - faulty transmission replaced at 85,000 miles

I also own a Mazda 626 (a 1993 model) and have replaced my transmission at 85,000 miles. There is a class action lawsuit that will be filed against Mazda Corporation, however, in order for it to be filed there needs to be 100 like people that have faced similar problems.

I also have severe oxidation with the entire vehicle and was told that it was sun related - this is also being looked into. The information that I have found/forwarded to me referencing a lawsuit is: Law-firm of Roy, Shecter, and Vocht, P.C. in Michigan - they can be reached at (248) 540-7660 fax

at (248) 540-0321. They will need all of your vehicle information to include all of the receipts from the problems experienced (even if you have already sold the vehicle).

When you call they will send you forms that you will have to sign to get on board -I am not advertising for these guys - but they seem to be the only ones pursuing the claim associated with faulty transmissions. If anyone out there is smatter on this, be sure to let me know.

Anyways, I am filing and the number stands at about 40 or so - so if you want to be a part of the "resistance" be sure to contact them soon. Please pass this on to everyone that you know that is facing similar problems (quite a few posted on nhtsa.dot.gov) - need to get as many on board as possible to make this work. Strength in numbers!

Matt Weilhamer / COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27101#

04f805cd, 2008-01-02, 09:51AM CST

Now 2008 and no claim to date. The aforementioned lawfirm in my original posting stated that they will not be filing a motion, so if anyone knows of a firm that will be heading this action up, please let me know. I am not sure of the others that filed originally, so if you know, please pass this note along.

5db98bd4, 2008-07-18, 09:42AM CDT

I also need information on who is filing this claim..

fourac2gmail.com