1997 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO - had to make many repairs after 76,000 miles

Posted on Sunday, May 26th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by a66de67a

Company: 1997 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO - had to make many repairs after 76,000 miles

# 24 for May 25, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on May 24, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66590# RE: 1997 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO - had to make many repairs after 76,000 miles

I Bought a 97 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO for 13,000.00 in February of 2002. 76,000 miles ( average) Beautiful car inside. Since then we have had to basically redo the whole front end , radiator, CV boots, sway bar, bushings tie rods, row bar, dampner steering, track arm , brakes, rotors, pads, calipers water pump, brake lights, and last but not least oxygen sensors.

I have a brand new baby that I have to transport around, Im afraid to drive this thing accross the street, not sure it will make it or something will go wrong with it. I understand when you buy a used vehicle that you may end up putting a little money into it, but come on!!!!!

When I spoke to the OWNER of the largest dealership in Utah, he said "Jeep is known to have problems around 60-80,000 miles, they have alot of mechanical problems that Jeep is currently trying to fix", then why in the hell are they even selling them!!!!!! I would like jeep to call me and tell me that!!!! its obvious that they dont care about there customers, driving around in cars that basically fall apart at 60,000 miles!!!! Amber