First Capital Credit Consumers Group - paid $ 199.00 for credit card - told unsecured, but was secured My name is Joanna Smith and I gave First Capital Consumers Group 199.00 of my money, t - First Capital Credit Consumers Group - paid $ 199.00 for credit card - told unsecured, but was secured

Posted on Saturday, May 25th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by a66de67a

Company: First Capital Credit Consumers Group - paid $ 199.00 for credit card - told unsecured, but was secured My name is Joanna Smith and I gave First Capital Consumers Group 199.00 of my money, t

# 32 for May 24, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on May 23, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66640# RE: First Capital Credit Consumers Group - paid $ 199.00 for credit card - told unsecured, but was secured My name is Joanna Smith and I gave First Capital Consumers Group 199.00 of my money, they told us we were going to get our card in 10-14 days. We never got it. We called and called. They told us we would get a welcome packet in the mail, we got the welcome packet and it included coupons but no card.

Then we called again and they told us it was on its way. We then recieved our phone bill and we had 100 in international phone charges from this company. Believing this company was based in New York State we were calling we were totally unaware that it was international.

Also, I have investigated this company and they have absolutely no new york address. The New York address appears not to exist. Then we called and they have told us that it is a secured card and when we were told of it it was explained to us that it was an unsecured card.

The lady on the phone refused to let me speak to a supervisor and she refused to tell me her name. I want my money back or my Unsecured card. My thing is WHY should I have to pay 199.00 to get a secured credit card that I have to put money into to use. I need help. The companies phone number is 416-488-4664