WYNN'S - trouble with used vehicle warranty

Posted on Friday, May 24th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by a66de67a

Company: WYNN'S - trouble with used vehicle warranty

# 38 for May 23, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on May 22, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66686# RE: WYNN'S - trouble with used vehicle warranty

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A USED 1995 FORD ECONOLINE CONVERSION VAN,A FEW MONTHS LATER I BEGAN EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH MY OIL GAUGE.FOR NUMEROUS TIMES I WENT BACK TO THE DEALER TO HAVE THIS DIAGNOSED, THE OIL PRESSURE NEEDLE WOULD SWING BACK AND FORTH FROM LOW TO HIGH ERRATICALLY.

AFTER CHANGING THE OIL SWITCH AND STILL NO BETTER THE DEALER ADVISED ME TO GO TO A MORE ADVANCED REPAIR SHOP TO DIAGNOSE SINCE I HAD A WYNN'S WARRANTY WHICH I HAVE HAD IN THE PAST.I DID AND WE FOUND AFTER OPENING UP THE ENGINE ,AFTER MAKING ME AUTHORIZE THE SHOP TO DO SO, IN CASE IT WAS NOT COVERED I'D HAVE TO PAY, YET IF I DID NOT WE WOULD NEVER KNOW THE PROBLEM THUS THEY WOULD NOT REPAIR. IT WAS FOUND THAT MY ENGINE WAS BLOWN ( DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR) DUE TO A CLOGGED OIL PAN SCREEN INSIDE THAT NO ONE COULD EVER SEE WITHOUT RIPPING IT APART.

NOW AT THIS POINT I ONLY HAD IT FOR 7 MONTHS AND DROVE IT FOR LESS THAN 10,000 MILES.ADDITIONALLY IT HAS HAD 3 OIL CHANGES, ONE THE DEALER THEMSELVES DID BEFORE I TOOK POSSESSION, ONE A FEW THOUSAND MILES LATER AND ANOTHER A FEW THOUSAND AFTER THAT.

YET THE WARRANTY COMPANY REFUSED TO HONOR THEIR SO CALLED"PIECE OF MIND" WARRANTY THEY SO PROUDLY EXPRESS AND PUSH ON TO CONSUMERS AT THESE SMALL DEALERSHIPS AT A SIGNIFICANT COST.EVEN AFTER THE DEALER TRIED TO SHOW THEM THAT IT WAS CLEARLY NOT NEGLECT ON MY PART, BY SENDING THEM COPIES OF THE OIL CHANGES. THEY STATE THAT IT WAS NOT A MECHANICAL FAILURE.

WELL IT WAS THIS THAT DID INDEED CAUSE A MECHANICAL FAILURE,SOMETHING THAT COULD NOT BE ANTICIPATED,THERE BEFORE I BOUGHT THE VEHICLE, I HAD NO CONTROL OR SAY OR KNOWLEDGE THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG. NOW I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT THE VAN FOR 3 WEEKS PAYING FOR IT , AND NO ASSISTANCE.I NOW HAVE TO SEEK LEGAL HELP DUE TO THIS NIGHTMARE FROM A COMPANY THAT CLAIMS "PIECE OF MIND " WHICH I DO NOT HAVE .WORD OF MOUTH IS POWERFUL, HELP ME SPRED THE WORD AND DON;T GET RIPPED OFF.

I WILL BE DILIGENTLY SEEKING WAYS TO SPRED THE WORD ONLINE IN NEWSPAPERS,ADS,AND PERSON TO PERSON UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED BY THEM BECAUSE I WILL NOT STOP LETTING EVERY CONSUMER KNOW ,SO EVERYONE IS PROTECTED AND NOT END UP IN THIS ORDEAL.THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND ANY CONSUMER REPORTS AVENUES SHOULD KNOW AS WELL INCLUDING ALL LOCAL VENUES.THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED ASSISTANCE.

8d4f87a7, 2007-12-07, 10:49AM CST

I have problems with the same warrranty ,thus far I have spent over 2000.00 in repairs for a 2003 model ponitiac on each case I read the warranty twice and knew what was cover but when I call the company they have denied the claims and repair cost came out of my pocket ,I really got ripped when I was force to but this

638ebae2, 2008-01-17, 02:52PM CST

These instances look all too familiar. My daughter has a 2001 Kia Sportage that the engine failed on. And, just like the previous posts, Wynn's denied the claim twice. We went back to the dealership where the car was purchased. The general manager contacted his Wynn's rep and put the squeeze on him to do something about it. The GM told me that the only reason he would get the claim reopened is that the autogroup the dealership belongs to sells "alot" of warranties for Wynn's. They premise the warranty as being required by the financing company (Credit Acceptance in our case) for the life of the loan. I contacted the loan company and they deny that they required any 3rd party warranty as a qualification of extending credit. Personally, I think that they are all in bed together. I know that the dealership makes a good chunk for selling the $1400 warranty and financing it into the loan. And the financing company makes money on the extra interest paid in on the $1400. Then, Wynn's makes alot of money by getting paid for insurance they never pay out on.

Anyway, they said they would "settle" for $1900, which won't even cover the cost of putting in a "used" motor with a 90-day warranty. The Kia dealership where the car is now (not where it was purchased) also has an additional $1080 in tear down charges that were requested to be done by the inspector sent by Wynn's to evaluate the problem. Plus, she has over $1000 in supposedly reimbursable rental car charges she paid.

If anyone knows of an attorney that has successfully pursued a case such as this against Wynn's, please let me know at [email protected]

86b1332f, 2009-01-30, 01:38PM CST

I bought a 2001 saab 93 3 months and 4 days ago. in the first 2 weeks i had a sudden loss in oil pressure followed by a pinging in the engine, i took the car back to the dealership, the dealership "fixed the problem" a month and a half later i get a sudden drop in oil pressure followed by a pinging in the engine again. this time i take the car back to the dealership and they say that because i had passed my dealership warrentee by 4 days i needed to take the car somewhere else, then advised me that because i had wynn's i could take it to any licenced repair shop and it would be covered. Well i call wynns, I talk to a nice girl named stacey i believe and ask her, is an oil pump, piston bearings, rod and lifters covered by your policy, she hesitated for a second then i responded, well they are all internal lubricated parts, aren't they? she agreed that the parts were all covered, and that the turbo would be covered as well if it suffered damage. So i call some licenced repair shops, all of which refuse to work on my car because it is covered by wynns, the exact responce i got was, we won't even look at your car unless you pay for all the repairs upfront, then you can deal with the warenty company, the hell with that, I payed near 2000.00 for this policy, and i don't need to come up with anything more than a hundred dollar deductible, and possibly a tear down charge according to my policy, but the shops were adamant, they said that numerous times wynns inspectors will make a customer authorize a tear down on the engine, get it into 500 parts, then the inspector will walk in and say ohh that is normal wear, or it was abused, or something to that line and finish with that's not covered, and walk out, so many repair shops have been ousted thousands of dollars here that no one, i mean no one, not even the saab dealership will deal with wynns. so i start to think about it, and it hit me, they can't even ask me to authorize that kind or work, technically i don't own the car, there is a 8000.00 lean on the car with the bank, so i call the bank, I get on the phone with the loan manager and i say, i got a car, as you can see, i have a problem. I have an extended warentee, they want me to authorize the engine be torn out and taken apart, then MAYBE they will fix the car. the bank said absolutely not, that car is colateral. they will not authorize it unless wynns sais they will fix it, wynns won't fix it untill the engine is taken apart, and they decide they WANT to . key word. so now, i have a total of 12000.00 loan that has 8000.00 left on it, on a car that is 3 months and 4 days old that hasn't even come up for an oil change yet, that has a bad oil pump a lifter that is knocking, a bad piston, and a shot rod, not to mention that the bearings are probably gone, and it's sitting in my driveway, a very expensive lawn ornament. I have called numerous people attempting to rectify this problem to no avail. No one accepts the warentee, and i told wynns manager that. I got a hold of consumer protection and the district attorney here who is going to go after the dealer, but i do believe that wynns also needs some too. first, they should not list parts on their contract as covered if in fact they are not, and i know that some advocate out there is going to say that it does say that it isn't covered all the time. let me put it to that person this way, you buy a house with a warentee, but in this warentee i say that i will cover everything in the house unless i feel that i don't want to cover any portion that i see fit, as i see fit for any reason i want as long as i can make one up. this is what your wynns contract states in a nutshell, read it in actuallity nothing is actually covered. not covered a breakdown caused by lack of customary maintnance, hmm, from when, from birth of the car, or ownership, if ownership why have people been asked to show proof of records for the life of the car, contamination, of fuels and fluids, contamination by water.... wow.. not covered. repairs of parts in connection with other parts when the other part is covered, ok we'll cover the screw by not the nut... this one is good, pre existing damage before this contract, lets just say that anything that happens to someone's car is most likely a result of "pre existing damage" this crap is a scam, utter scam. nothing like eating 12000.00 during a bad economy. And for you activists again let me just say wait till you are eating 12000.00 on a 3 month old car and wynns sais you are sol. at least i still have colateral on my lawn so my credit doesn't get shot, thankyou wynns.

648c8759, 2010-04-07, 10:49PM CDT

I just purchased a 2005 Grand Caravan, the transmission went out in Flordia. I am from Michigan. They made me pay for the transmission tear down. Then they send an inspector and they now want to put a used trans in. They won't cover all the parts. The shop is telling me I must pay 300 when my dedutible is 100. I am suppose to leave tomorrow and wynns still hasen't ordered the used transmission. They won't give me a rental. Then they told the sjop that they just put 700 into my vehicle a month ago. This is such a joke. I was also told that the trans wouldn't be in for three days.

3fc3c8cb, 2010-06-28, 12:44AM CDT

I NO THE DAM FEELING!!!!!!!!!!My wife and i bought a 2000 vw new bettle from a dealership in BRISTOL.TN.and they told us it was requierd to have the wynns?WELL 5 MONTH'S LATER THE MOTOR BLEW UP DUE TO THE WATER PUMP LOCKING UP!THE CAR HADEN'T BEEN DROVE 2000 MILES IT DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IT TO IT'S FIRST OIL CHANGE!!!I HAD TO PAY A ROLLBACK TO TAKE IT TO THE VW DEALER IN TOWN TO HAVE IT CHECKED!AND AGAIN THEY TOLD US TO APPROVE THE TEAR DOWN?1)WHY SHOULD WE APPROVE THE TEAR DOWN?AND AS I'V SEEN IN THIS WEB SITE WE GOT THE SHAFT TWO!!!THE WATER PUMP IS COVERED BUT THE DAMAGE TO THE REST OF THE MOTOR ISN'T NOW WE OWE THE VW DEALER 500.00 FOR THETEAR DOWN!! AND THE DAM THING AN'T WORTH FIX'N WE STILL OWE 6800.00 ON A DAM CAR THAT AN'T WORTH 1500.00 WITH OUT A MOTOR IN IT !!!AND THE DEALERSHIP WANT'S 6500.00 TO FIX THE DAM THING WYNNS AND CREIDT ACCEPTANCE!I THINK ARE IN BED TOGETHER ON RIPPING HARD WORKING PEOPLE OFF! MY WIFE WORKS EVER DAY SICK R NOT AND ALL SHE WANTED WAS A NICE CAR AND SHE DESERVES THAT!I WAS TOLD TWO DIFFERENT STORIES FROM THE DEALERSHIP ??? THE FIRST ONE WAS THE WATER PUMP LOCKED UP AND BROKE THE TIMING BELT THIS WAS AFTER 4 DAYS IN THE SHOP!!I SAID OK TELL THE WYNN'S PEOPLE? 3 WEEKS LATER AND WE MAKE ARE PAYMENT EVER 2 WEEKS SO WE NO THEY'ER PAID ON TIME!!!ANY WAY 3 WEEKS LATER THEY CALL ME THE WYNN'S PEOPLE AND ASK IF I HAD HERD FROM THE DEALER WHERE THE CAR'S AT ? I SAID NO THAT WAS THERE PLACE TO DEAL WITH THE DEALER!!!!THEY CALLED THE DEALER AND CALLED ME BACK AND TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE A INSPECTOR THERE IN A DAY OR TO?THEN THEY CHANGED THERE STORIES AND SAID THE TIMINGBELT TENSIONER BROKE AND LOCKED THE WATER PUMP UP!!??AND THE WYNN'S PEOPLE WASN'T GONNA COVER THE MOTOR BUT WOULD COVER THE DAM WATER PUMP?I'M A ASE CERTIFIED BIG TRUCK MACH.AND OWN MY OWN TRUCKS AND DO ALL MY OWN SERVICE WORK!!!!I AM NOT A DAM DUMMIE!!! THE WYNNS PEOPLE TALKED TO ME LIKE I WAS STUIPID!ON THE PHONE!!NOW I GOT A PIECE OF SHIT THAT WE REALY CAN'T AFFORD TWO PAY FOR THAT DON'T RUN AND IWE GOT TO PAY FOR THE TEAR DOWN FOR!AND REALY CAN'T PAY FOR THAT?DON'T HAVE THE DAM CAR THEY DO AND I BET YOU A MILLON DOLLARS THAT IF WE LET THE CAR GO BACK TO THE FINANCE COMP THAT WYNN'S WILL FIX IT FOR THEM FREE AND SELL THE DAM THING TO SOME OTHER UNSUSPECTING PEOPLE AND DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!IF ANY BODY HAS A ATTORNY THAT WILL SUE THE ASS OFF THIS PLACE PLEASE LET US KNOW WE NEED HELP OR WE A GONNA BE IN A HELLOVA MESS!!!WE CAN'T PAY FOR A CAR WE CAN'T DRIVE OR USE HELL IT WANT EVEN MAKE A GOOD FLOWER POT! WE HAVE BEEN BACK TO THE FRIENDSHIP FORD STORE IN BRISTOL TN 5 TIMES AND THEY WANT TRY TO HELP!BUT THE LAST TIME WE WENT THE GUY WE TALKED TO DID TELL US THAT WYNN'S WAS ALWAYS DOING THIS AND WASN'T WORTH THE PAPER IT PRINTED ON THAT THEY WOULD COVER SOME STUFF LIKE THE WATER PUMP!OK IM NOT THE BEST SPELLER IN THE WORLD? AND I'M NT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THE SMARTEST PERSON EITHER!!!BUT IF THE WATER PUMP LOCKS UP AND CAUSE'S THE TIMING BELT TO BRAKE WITCH CAUSE'S THE PISTONS TO HIT THE VALUES WITCH HITS THE DAM HEAD AND WHIP'S OUT THE ENTIRE MOTOR THE DAM WYNN'S PEOPLE NEW WHAT THEY WERE GONNA DO BE FOUR THEY GOT TO THE DAM DEALERSHIP THAT DAY TO LOOK AT THE DAM THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANYWAY THEY SCREWED THE WRONG PEOPLE THIS TIME GONNA FIND A ATTORNEY THAT WILL SUE THE PANTS OFF THESE DAM THEIFS IF I HAVE TO SELL EVER DAM THING I GOT TO DO IT!!!!! WE ARE OUT 350.00 AMONTH FROM JAN 28 TILL NOW AND STILL HAVE TO MAKE THE PAYMENTS OR HAVE BAD CREIDT! PLUSE THE 2250.00 DOWN PAYMENT WE PAID PLUS THE 1500.00 WE PAYED FOR THIS SORRY ASS WARRNTIE!SO IN CLOSING I WOULD LIKE TO THANK WYNN'S FOR CAUSING ME TO LOSE MY BUIS,MY WIFES CAR!AND BEFOR IT IS OVER WE WILL PROBLIYHAVE TO MOVE OUT OF OUR HOME THANK FOR ALL YOUR HELP WYNN'S U FKNING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7e17812e, 2010-07-22, 01:28PM CDT

There has to be a way to stop these mother f*ckers. I would be very interested in bringing them to their knees. I just found out that if you DON"T pay for something out of your own pocket that is recommended at the time of another major repair, future claims probably won't be honored!!! I had to have 3 valves replaced, yet these f*cking morons will only pay for a valve job on those three. Who the hell only does a valve job on a few valves? NOBODY. EVER. They also won't cover resurfacing the heads, which is STANDARD procedure after doing a valve job. I'm ripped off and pissed off at the same time.

4aa513e3, 2010-07-30, 11:57AM CDT

man i really feel your pain, we all need to bond together an pay a lawyer to rep us cause they are really ripping people like us off my case is somewhat simular in that i bought into this warranty in 07 for my dodge caravan an my trans is breaking down i pretty much followed everything to the letter. but came up with 2 oil changes missing they refused my claim 3 times so finally after my car had sit at the shop 2 mos. and they hadn't send anyone to inspect it i went to get it to find someone elese cheeper. so after i moved it and found someone else cheeper then they came back with something else different and now after paying them 2000.00 for a warranty theyre saying now they will always denied my claim but guess what the devil is a lier. i be dam if they gone just take my had earned money like that peace out yal

e56f43bb, 2010-11-02, 07:45PM CDT

I just put down $3000 on a 03 Buick Century only to find out it has a bad transmission, overheating issues, starting issues etc. It would cost me over $3000 in repairs to fix what I know is wrong with it. This is my first warranty, my first car on payments. I was in a hurry and didn't check bluebook. It bluebooks for $3500. My total price is $10,000 plus $3000+ in repairs. Its taken me my entire adult life to finally buy a "nice" reliable car. AutoMaxx sold me this car knowing I was desperate for a reliable vehicle. I take care of my little brother with extensive health problems. Getting raped this bad has made me suicidal. I'm ready to let them repo. My credit is already ruined. What else can I do?

I do appreciate others comments and this has helped me decide its not worth another $10,000 just for my credit.