1995 Chevrolet Blazer SL - brake failure - seven car collision

# 13 for May 19, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on May 18, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27369#

RE: 1995 Chevrolet Blazer SL - brake failure - seven car collision

Anyone having trouble with the ABS system in the past or at present whereas your brakes acutally fail when applied regardless of the speed you are going please post it on-line. My husband and son recently got into a seven car collision on an interstate highway due to the breaks failing. This was not the first time they have failed. I have notified my local dealer where I purchased the vehicle from day one that something was wrong with my breaks as to when I would go to apply my breaks there were none.

All the other tmes they failed we were fortunate that the vehicle somehow stopped just in time. This particular time of the seven car accident not only was my husband and a friend of his in the vehicle coming back from a fishing trip, so was my eleven year old son. For this being a seven car collision due to traffic was stopped by a police on the interstate I am very thankful that no one was killed. There was in fact at least four cars totaled including mine.

I am currently scheduled to have my car towed to the dealership where I bought this "LEMON". I am using this word for lack of there being a word to describe this vehicle. I have just about replace every thing under the hood that you could think of , which only three being a recall. My biggest fear is that each time I brought my car into the dealership for them to check the brakes they said they were alright and "that's just the way the anti-lock brake system worked.

When I made arrangements with the dealership to bring my car in to be checked I asked the question that if they never found anything wrong with my vehicle before by doing the same kind of supposedly diagnostic testing how is it possible for them to find something now? His reply was , "well we are going to do a much thourough diagnostic check.

Well excuse me, but why wasn't one done in the first, second and third time I brought the "LEMON RAG" in. Why wait till now when both my husband and son's life amongst other people's lives were put into jeopardy. By the way I have renamed the G.M. CORP- S.U.V.'S to ( G.)ETTING (M.)UGGED (C.)ONSTANTLY, (S.)CARING (U.)NRECONIZED (V.)ICTIMS (S.)TEADILY.........

Your reply to this so called break system would be greatly appreciated.

G-ot M

0645d7dc, 2008-06-24, 12:16PM CDT

Yes, my break line failed on the drivers side front. Brake pedal went all the way to the floor. Repair man told me that it was rubbing against the control arm. The passenger side was the same way. I was stopped at the time when the line failed so I was very lucky.