Posted on Sunday, May 19th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 5b9a1cee

Company: Abenergizer - late delivery - no response to e-mails - trouble getting credit for cancelled order

# 6 for May 18, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on May 17, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27389#

RE: Abenergizer - late delivery - no response to e-mails - trouble getting credit for cancelled order

I ordered this product 12/21/01 via phone by credit card. The product was never received within their mailing guidelines. I started contacting them early February via 800-568-0825-I was never able to get through. The recording came on notifying customers "Due to an overwhelming response, there is a back order.

However, best times to reach them are at the end of the week between 3 to 8 p.m. or email them. "One time, I allowed the phone to ring for 1 hour and no one picked up. Sometimes, it allowed you to select to option 1 (operator), which went to a constant busy. Since February 13 -Feb. 22, I've sent them 4 emails to the following addresses: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66710# and COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66711# before hearing the 1st response on February 22 from COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66712# (Alex Aceituno) stating: "For further inquiries/assistance or to place/cancel an order contact Customer Service Friday 2:00 pm pST (for best avail) at toll free: 1-800-457-0825.

P.S. Please keep this string of e-mails for future reference if you reply." Again, no response to additional emails by me from 3/12 (4 emails to: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66713#,COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66710#, and COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66714#). Then, on 3/13, COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66715#(jason Hoodak) responded: "I'll be happy to assist you if you have a question or a problem, but I need more infor to access your account. Please submit full name/address/phone number, or order reference number (7 digits beginning with 4,5, or 6)." On 3/14, I replied to Jason's email with the information per his request.

On 3/18, Jason responded that a refund request has been submitted. ...A credit will show on your account within the next 1-2 billing cycles and apologize for the inconvenience. 4/16, I followed up again w/Jason-He responded on the same day, "He was sorry that the credit had not gone through yet. Your information has been forwarded to their billing dept. to check on the refund". From May 3-May 10, I followed-up with 5 more emails to refer my information to someone with authority that could handle this account (with attachments of prior emails not responded to), to the following addresses: Jhoodak, talktoous,customerservice, and to COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66716# (that was on their website for media and public relations). At this point, I have notified my credit card company and Consumer Complaints of Georgia and the Better Business Bureau of Georgia with copies of Dec 2001 statement of purchase, screen prints of emails to all their websites with their responses. The bottom line is, how can this company debit a consumer's credit card account prior to the product not leaving the warehouse, charging for an astronomical amount of postal charges on a product to be received within 6 to 8 weeks advertise; then, continue to commercialize the product and not be able to comply with the demand.

They have poor customer service and do not refund upon request. I canceled this product for 2 reasons: I never received it in a timely manner and for poor customer service. I hope other people read this and not go through what I have going through. Sincerely, Mary Nagle

Dacula, GA