Posted on Sunday, May 19th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 8be0bdcb

Company: 1997 chevy malibu - ABS fixed, rotors replaced, pads replaced twice, muffler needs replacement

# 2 for May 18, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on May 17, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_27385#

RE: 1997 chevy malibu - ABS fixed, rotors replaced, pads replaced twice, muffler needs replacement

I purchased a 1997 chevy mailbu in the year of 2000, since the purchase of this vehicle I have had numerous problems out of this car. First the abs on the right was replaced it was replaced by the car dealership which I purchased the car from. Then the abs on the left needs to be replaced about 6 months later, I had the brakes redone then the roters were replaced also the pads were replaced twice.

Now the pads need to be replaced again this is not normal and I need some information on who I can talk to or what can be done about this, because I did not know that I purchased a lemon.

Also the muffler needs to be replaced also, this is not normal for a car that I' ve only had for 2 years and have spent close to 5,000 trying to get it fixed and trying to trade it in does not work either. please tell me what can be done about this problem.