1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - long list of repairs

# 21 for May 12, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on May 11, 2002:

From: Chad Legler [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_28653#]

RE: 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - long list of repairs

My name is Chad Legler, and in July 1997 I bought my 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I loved my car. It was absolutely beautiful!!! It had approximately 62,000 miles at the time of purchase. I believe I was the second car owner. Within a few months of purchase, I began to dislike the repairs that needed to be done. My cd player started to eat my cd’s, the power antenna stopped working, the cruise works on and off, the air knob broke, and the radio programmable station buttons quit working.

These are the things that still don’t work, because of the things I HAD TO GET FIXED!!!!! I had problems with: alternator(2), wheel bearings(2), timing belt(1), serpentine belt(2), intake leak(1), coolant leak(1), transmition leak(1), and constant warped brake rotors. Are you sitting down?? I think the average upkeep for a 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP should be anywhere from $300 to $500 a year. Am I high on this estimate? Well, it makes what I have spent on my car look a little better. Not much better, but a little better. Again, are you sitting down? I have spent over $7000 in 4

e7cc351b, 2008-01-24, 04:46PM CST

I Have a Pontiac Grand PRIX, And i love my car, my has very little problems,. Except when i put my led foot to the gas pedal. I just wish the gass prices will be more reasonable.....for know my car is pure white on the outside and all black on inside with leather seats... If everythang goes will i am plaining on painting my car in Dolphins. and like in the ocean. Custom painted. My daughter is know 13yrs old. I may pass to her. cause she likes mom's car.

my Boyfriend has a 92 Pontiac Grand Prix, nothing campares to my car... my car likes to race and know one can pass my car,,, hahahahahahaahhaahahhaahah

a0a59b95, 2008-04-28, 02:08PM CDT

i spent $2000 on a 94 grand prix gtp.

drove it for a month and the alternator went out. also found out i need a cat converter to pass emissions, then half the fuel injectors clogged and wouldnt work. i love tha car and the power cuz im 19. put a lot of aftermarket parts on it, new air intake, throttle body, dif lights, black rims. but its no good wen its always sitting in the driveway, i spend about $400 a month on parts and labor to keep it running. ive given up on shops and now have to fix it myself as i have spent another $1,400 so far just to keep it running for 3 months. so is the car worth it, yes and no. i shouldve invested in a fuckin honda or chevy, then ide stil have a ride to work