Electronics - Camcorders - JVC GY-DV500 problem

Company: Electronics - Camcorders - JVC GY-DV500 problem

GY-DV500

JVC

From: George Luniv COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_26931#

Date: Thursday, May 17, 2001 02:35 PM I was on assignment on New York state during a shoot. I called a local seller of JVC equipment. A professional Video sto and purchased a DV500U. I asked for a swap of the lens to a Canon 12x zoom. Everything was fine. The camera fid up, I saw the viewfinder work. The monitor output also worked, except when I placed the miniDV cassette into the corder.

It just stuck the. It didn' move. I couldn't get it out. I called the gional manager and he arranged for a p-paid pickup (that was very sponsible of them) however they we advised in advance that I needed the camera back in my hands in 4 days). When the camera was placed on the bench, a major overhaul of the cassette holder needed to be done. They we out of parts, which had to come from Japan. IT would take 7 days just for the parts to arrive in New Jersey. They would not place the camera or loan me a camera. So I was scwed for needing it in 4 days. because on the 5th day I was to involved in a shooting assignment. I am most dissatisfied, and this negative incident will affect my buying decisions for any JVC products in the futu.