AOL - AOL - ongoing billing problems - filed complaint with BBB of Northwest Florida

Posted on Wednesday, March 5th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 3ad5c44e

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

My Daughter bought my wife and I a computer so we can email -chat with her while she is overseas in Japan in the military. We know nothing about computers and didn't even know how to turn it on till our daughter came home for 10 days in November of last year and showed us.

AOl charged my account over 80 dollars in one month cause they said we had 2 accounts when we only had have one. I told them I was going to cancel the membership and a woman Named Deborah told me they had a plan for 9.95 a month. I thought it was a good deal so I agreed.

WE have never paid 9.95 a month for internet its been over 20 a month and now for the month of feb its 124.00. When My daughter called us at the beginning of Feb she told me to call aol and change it back to the plan we first had, I called and they said they changed it and it would reflect on our next bill. It was never changed. They lied to me about the 9.95 and we dishonest by stating it was a better plan for me.

They took advantage of senior citizens for shoddy dial up services that I always seem to get disconnected on in the middle of talking with my daughter overseas. My daughter told me that this is at least 6 months worth of internet for one month of service. My daughter told me that I can get Faster internet service called DSL for 39.99 a month and I won't be disconnected or have a busy line.

These people lie and are dishonest and give you the run around when you call. I filled a complaint with the BBB Of northwest Florida that handles all billing complaints with AOL. I suggest if you don't get anywhere on the phone with them which you won't you file a complaint with the BBB as well. R.