Posted on Sunday, March 30th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by fc4d8045

Company: Register.com - didn't intend to renew domain registration, but charged for unwanted renewal

Complaints.com received the following on March 28, 2003:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_23449#

RE: Register.com - didn't intend to renew domain registration, but charged for unwanted renewal Register.com, based on my experience, has a practice of flooding your email inbox with notices and warnings about your domain registration expiration. This is annoying enough, but they keep taunting you with statements saying they will charge you a renewal fee if you don’t respond. I have 3 domains registered with them, all registered at different times about a year ago. I did NOT respond to them. So on the first one, it expired. Fine, but on the next one, they followed through with the threat of charging my card. I presume they thought I wasn’t paying attention, so they figured I wouldn’t notice the charge. I have filed other complaints and have my bank after them as well. Please take the time to file complaints when you are cheated by anyone. It we would all do this, then it makes a difference.