AOL - AOL - cancelled account after six years of service - received e-mail confirmations of cancellation, but still continue to be charged

Posted on Friday, March 21st, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 70899cdf

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

I was not happy to see that my bank account was charged the full rate (23.90) the following month. When I contacted them about this, they assured me that the account had been cancelled but it was just the way it had to be that I was charged.

After speaking with a supervisor, he told me he would do me the big favor, since I had been with AOL for several years, of removing the erroneous charge from my bank account. Once again, I received an e-mail confirmation EVERY DAY for six weeks that the amount had been credited to my account.

Checking my bank account this evening online, I noticed AOL charged me AGAIN, though I terminated service weeks ago. When I attempted to rectify the situation, I spoke with two reps: one was rude, offered to connect me to his supervisor, then put me on hold and disconnected the call.

Second rep was also rude and said the account was cancelled, then reactivated because the account had been used. I have NOT used the account, but they have decided to charge me anyway.

There seems to be no recourse! Can I EVER get rid of this wretched service? They definitely lure then "trap" customers, knowing they have no accountability, and people don't know how to rectify AOL's mistakes and lack of ethics.

Jenny