AOL - e-vision Clearview camera from AOL - poor picture quality - turns off and on for no apparant reason - buttons small and difficult to use

Posted on Friday, March 21st, 2003 at 12:00am CST by fe80c6b7

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

Dear Sir/Madame, I, like the other people who have submitted complaints to your site about the e-vision camera, bought an e-vision Clearview camera from AOL as a package deal with the One Touch 8920 USB Scanner.

This camera has problems. The software is not recognized by Windows Messenger or by the system device manager. When installing the software Windows brings up a warning message saying that this software is not signed by Microsoft.

This is advertised as a web camera yet it does not work in Windows Messenger. I have had various program conflicts. The camera will work with NetMeeting; however, it shuts the program down at times. The battery life is dreadful, even with lithium batteries. As far as using the camera: 1) Picture quality is very poor 2) The camera turns on and off for no apparent reason 3) The buttons are very small and often do not respond when pressed. Viewing pictures, taking pictures and changing mode settings often shuts down the camera My opinion is that this camera is not a great buy. It is expensive and its functionality is poor. I have not been able to get this thing working and I want to return it for a camera that works. I feel stupid for buying this product and I don't like making unsatisfying purchases. Please advise. Sincerely, Chris R