Sears - Sears, Hollywood, CA - purchased stove and given wrong fitting for gas hook up - then purchased refrigerator and it was missing parts

Posted on Wednesday, March 19th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 6f2de049

Company: Sears

what a nightmare !! this all started about two weeks ago, i bought a stove from the Hollywood California sears store, they give me the wrong fitting for the gas hook up, i take it to the Glendale California sears and the person told me he could not exchange the item since i got it from the Hollywood store, i replied, a sears store is a sears store...exchange the item...

i finally had to get the manager to exchange the item for me. this gets better...i buy a brand new refrigerator from sears, its missing parts!! i couldn't even hook up the water and ice maker, i go back to sears and explain the situation to them they then told me i had to go to the Burbank California parts store to get the part, like and idiot i go and do their job and try to get the part, the parts store then refers me back to the sears store in Glendale, the Glendale store said to go back..

i said no..i am staying here until i get the part i need, i told them i didn't care if you had to take it off another appliance, i wasn't leaving until i got my part...i finally got my part by taking it off another appliance....now for round three...i have been trying for the last two weeks to get them to come out and service my stove...they always say the called, but the funny thing is who the hell are they calling!! its not me...

my phone hasn't rung on the days they said they call, i have phone bills to prove it!! i have finally come to the conclusion that sears and its service department is worthless and i will most likely be shopping else where!!