AOL - AOL - cancelled free trial - charged each of the next four months - terrible billing experience

Posted on Thursday, March 13th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by c55ebb98

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

Cancelled free trial - charged each of the next four months - terrible billing experience I purchased the America Online Service from a CD I got in the mail. I signed up for the free trial offer, I wrote them a fax on Oct 15, 2002 expressing wishes to cancel my service immediately. America Online continued to charge my credit card account for the next 4 months.

I contacted them and was put on hold and transferred numerous times. One man by the name of Phillip advised me that the account should of been canceled in October when I asked them to originally and that he would get me to Gina who would then credit all months that were withstanding. Gina told me bluntly that I was not going to get my credit of 3 months. She told me they went ahead and credited me for the month of February of 2003 where there was a charge on my credit card.

My question to her was if they gave me a credit for one month why not the rest. I was given the run around which is typical for huge corporations such as America Online. All I can say for anyone that wishes to buy goods and services off the internet always check the company out with the Better Business Bureau before paying any monies or giving out your credit card online.

I did meet one woman on the America Online customer service line that was very helpful, Gina was just outright rude and sarcastic with me. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to make them aware of the issue. I wanted to make you all aware of it as well, do not ever go into business with America Online. They cannot push the little people around.