Dell Dimension 2350 - checked status of order and found order cancelled - wasn't notified - not charged price quoted January, 2003 I went to the Dell website to order a computer. The Demension - Dell Dimension 2350 - checked status of order and found order cancelled - wasn't notified - not charged price quoted

Posted on Wednesday, March 12th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 1c91c8d1

Company: Dell Dimension 2350 - checked status of order and found order cancelled - wasn't notified - not charged price quoted January, 2003 I went to the Dell website to order a computer. The Demension

Complaints.com received the following on March 10, 2003:

From: Janice Sojka [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_23789#]

RE: Dell Dimension 2350 - checked status of order and found order cancelled - wasn't notified - not charged price quoted January, 2003 I went to the Dell website to order a computer. The Demension 2350 was offered for $699.00 before a $100.00 rebate. It came with a flat screen thin monitor, and offered free cd burner, free 256 mb memory upgrade and free shipping. When I called customer service to ask a question about this on-line special the salesman answered my question and told me he could order it for me.

I told him I was going to order on line and he said "I don't get paid for answering questions. I can give you the same computer at the on-line special." I agreed to order through him. I upgraded to 2 gigahertz brining the cost up 70.00 then I down-graded to a scroll mouse and quiet keyboard bringing the price down 50.00. This brought my cost to 719.00.

3 days later I checked to see the status of my order and it had been cancelled. When I called the salesman he told me there had been a problem with financing and he would reorder it at the same price. I received my bill last week and was charged 847.55.

When I called I spoke with Charles Drury and was told I upgraded with the memory, monitor, cd burner and I did not order on line. When I told him the salesman told me he could give me the same price and the item he charged me for upgrading were all included in the special price I was told the salesman did not have the right to do that and that they did not offer a free memory up-grade, free cd burner or flat screen monitor.

He told me I was getting 500.00 worth of up grades for 120.00. After a very long discussion he agreed to give me $60.00 credit. In short-I would never do business with Dell or recommend them to anyone. If a person is intent on buying a Dell on-line - print out the page with all the information and the final cost. They are a very rude group of people and surely not to be trusted at all.