Costco.com - HP Computer system ordered - trouble with online order

Company: Costco.com - HP Computer system ordered - trouble with online order

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on March 7, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_23276#

Costco.com - HP Computer system ordered - trouble with online order

This complaint is against Costco.com. I would highly reccomend that people do not order from them. If you are a member - go to the store and buy what you want. On February 27, 2002 I placed two separate orders for the same computer system to be shipped to different addresses. The computer I ordered first is the one with the problem. Costco.com sent me tracking numbers for the two orders.

The status of the second order kept updating as to its whereabouts but the status of the first order never changed from "billing information received." I called Costco.com and they put a trace on the package. I was originally told it would take 24 - 48 hours.

After three days I called them back and they told me that the best they could do is to start another trace and that it would take up to 7 business days to find out what happened. Meanwhile the second order should be arriving today and the first order is nowhere to be found.

Now the problem is that the item is no longer available on their website, meaning that if they can't find the computer and what happened to the order they will credit my account and I will not have the new computer I had ordered.

When I suggested that they cancel the order and send another one they told me that they cannot do that and I would have to wait for the trace results before they could cancel the order. If and when the trace comes back and they find out that they screwed up I am going to be out of luck. I will have nothing but aggravation to show for my efforts. No computer, no compensation and nothing but aggravation.

I think that Costco.com should send a similarly configured computer for the same price as the original system I ordered, at the very least. Just a warning to all of you out there - think twice before ordering from Costco.com.