Posted on Sunday, March 17th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 2b4ae8eb

Company: 1997 Chrysler - numerous probems, repairs - but car doesn't meet lemon law criteria

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on March 15, 2002:

From: Madalyn Suozzo [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_23130#]

I bought a Chrysler in 1997 and had numerous problems from the beginning. I did not meet the lemon law criteria so I tried hiring a law firm on the net to get some resolve. This went nowhere. I’ve tried contacting Chrysler directly and they were horrible.

The 1st 3 years I must have had to bring the car in every six months for something (timing belt broke, the idler ‘came apart,’ the fuel injector broke, the car died on me twice while driving it and it had 4 recalls from Chrysler).

Since the warrantee ended last year the list of repairs is extensive (I had to replace the driver belt, front wheel bearings, circuit board, the odometer and tachometer, brakes and oil pan) and now the head gasket is broke. The car only has 50,000 miles on it and I’ve never had problems with cars before so it’s not my driving. Do you know of any recourse I can take to get Chrysler to replace this lemon??? Thanks, Madalyn Suozzo