Posted on Saturday, March 16th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 31a46692

Company: 1998 Durango - various problems - cataliter converter stinks, brakes squeek and grind, many problems

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on March 14, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_23147#

Purchased a 1998 Durango in Oct 2001 since then the truck has been in the service at scott for various problems;cataliter converter stinks,brakes squeek and grind,Brakes lock up,Front passanger window occaisonally does not work,rear passengar window stopped going all the way down,drives sloppy, all over the road,front passengar side squeeks when you drive over a bump,and it has a valve tap.

I was told by scott that the valve tap is suppose to be there and they replaces my rotors and sanded down my brake pads.there was nothing else wrong with this truck.3 weeks later back in the shop for all the same reasons.this time they fixed the rear passengar window and also cracked my door panel.I also reported an oil leak, and was told there was nothing wrong again.

One month later it was back in scott service again only this time they refused to work on it and they told me "they was not wasting valuable time paying a mechanic for labor when there is nothing wrong with this truck.I then left. 2 weeks later made an appointment at a private mechanic and was told my back brakes were not even working.

so I had the mechanic adjust them for me.he also told me the the front rotors were not new,MEANWHILE a friend of mine took his truck to scott fot service and they told him they never even lookrd at my truck.they just put the truck in the back of there shop for a day or two to passify me.

So, I deceided to take my truck elsewhere.Now I have a bill Several thousands of Dollars.Included are;Oil leak,it needs an intake gasket.Front inner tyrods are totally worn out,scott checked there tyrods and told me there was nothing wrong with them.

It also needs Lower Ball Joints An Alignment,The Transfer case leaks,wheel studs are too short,Frornt brakes are just about down to the bare metal and the rotors need to be resurfaced.

Also I have no power inside and all my brake lights are out.All the wires under the dashboard are melted.This a a disgrace that they sold me this vehicle in this condition I have 6 children.and no money to fix all these problems......Please reply to:Michele Wagner Walnutport, Pa.18088