Posted on Friday, March 15th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by c7d80f8a

Company: RCN - cable, phone and internet services - trouble establishing new service, due to cut wires

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on March 13, 2002:

From: Joanna Crump [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_23166#]

RCN - cable, phone and internet services - trouble establishing new service, due to cut wires I recently moved into a new home in Pennstlvania. In the past yearor two a new company called RCN provides service for phone, cable, and internet services. They are supposed to have a really good deal. I choose not to use this company because i have heard alot of bad complaints about their services.

Well, anyway, when I moved into my new home I discovered that the previous tenants had used RCN. I didn't think anything of it until I went to have my phone and cable turned on.

About a week ago my phone company had to put in all new wiring outside of my home because RCN had cut their previous wiring, instead of clamping it like their are supposed to do. Then today my cable man was outside working on the cable wires outside for two hours and still cannot get me all the channels that I have paid for due to the same cutting of their company's wiring.

I then was told by a family friend that when they switched back from RCN that they had had the same problem. Is RCN allowed to do such things. It cost me time and money for the wrongdoings of this company. I wouldn't suggest anyone to use this company, and I would actually strongly suggest against it.