Ebay.com - unable to sell Adobe sofware on eBay.com

Company: Ebay.com - unable to sell Adobe sofware on eBay.com

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on March 12, 2002:

From: Alan Bouyssou [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_23194#]

Ebay.com - unable to sell Adobe sofware on eBay.com

Around December of 2001, I listed some Adobe software on Ebay. I then received a complaint from Adobe through Ebay's Vero program, stating that I was not allowed to list Adobe software. Although I had legally purchased the software, Ebay still ended my auction.

A few days later, Ebay suspended my account. When I asked why, their response was that I had received a complaint from Adobe about some software that I had listed. I asked Ebay why my account was suspended when the software had already been removed.

There response was that this was the second complaint from Adobe. This was true, although the previous software was a different title with a different serial number. I could see that hundreds of other Ebay users were selling the same exact software that I had listed, but they were allowed to do so. I could not understand why I was being discriminated. Ebay was very unhelpful and unwilling to listen to me.

Finally after many complaints, I gave up. After the suspension period was over, I heard nothing from Ebay. I emailed them, asking to have my account restored, and they have ignored every attempt I have made to contact them. I have never heard anything good about Ebay's customer service and now I can see why.

The whole company in my opinion is very disreputable. I have been an Ebay buyer and seller for at least 4 years with never any negative feedback. I just want everyone to know how badly Ebay has treated me. Thank you,

Alan Bouyssou