Posted on Saturday, June 7th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by be4aff2f

Company: Kennia's Gourmet Emporium - via Ebay.com auction - paid for, and returned damaged meat slicer - haven't received refund or replacement

# 6 for June 6, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on June 5, 2003:

From: Stacey Windsor [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_30528#]

RE: Kennia's Gourmet Emporium - via Ebay.com auction - paid for, and returned damaged meat slicer - haven't received refund or replacement

A Deli Meat Slicer was purchased through an e-bay auction in November 2002. $419.95 was paid upfront by Credit card, as well as shipping costs of $39.95 and shipping insurance of $5.00. It arrived by UPS delivery on December 2, 2002 in a badly damaged condition.

It was quickly discovered that the item was in an unusable condition. The seller was contacted immediately and arrangements were made to return the item to the seller via UPS. The item was returned to the seller on or about December 17, 2002. (according to the UPS online shipping invoice) A damage claim was opened but because this was done online, the seller (kennia) was the UPS official customer, and all coorespondence would go through them.

According to a customer service rep for UPS in Florida, Kennia would be issued a claim settlement check and would need to forward it on to the rightful party. Kennia did not initiate any contact or follow-up during 4 months. I called them inquiring about the status of this on April 16, 2003. I was initially told that I had failed to send a claim form to UPS, and that was the reason for the hold up.

This information was untrue. Kennia's recieved all communication from UPS and they failed to send in the Commercial Damage claim form back in December. I spoke with Ken on May 7 and he assured me that it was all straightend out and that he had faxed the needed paperwork to UPS on the previous friday (May 2l, 2003). He said that he expected a confirmation from them "within 2-3 days" and would cut a certified check for US funds by May 14-15 and would call me when he dropped the check in the mail. Let me say that between April 16, when I initiated contact with Kennias and May 7th, I called Kennias 7 times and sent 2 emails. None of these contacts were returned or replied to.

Since May 15, I have called Kennia's 5 times and sent an additional 2 emails which Kennias refuses to respond to. Bottom line is this: Kennia's was paid upfront for merchandise in November 2002. Insurance was purchased in the event that this item would become damaged during shipping. (which it did). The item was returned to Kennia's to repair and resell as they see fit. A claim was opened with UPS who would settle only with the 'shipper' (kennias).

Kennia was responsible for forwarding the settlement money to the buyer. (me) They refuse to do so, and refuse to answer phone calls or emails. This has been going on since December 2002, actively pursued by me since April 2003. I was assured 4 weeks ago that a check would be sent out and it has not.

They have kept money that does not belong to them. This company has had several negative responses in the last 6 months, and has since removed all listings from e-bay. I have heard that there is a possiblity that they have been banned from selling on e-bay.

I would like the entire $419.95 to be remitted immediately. I have contacted the BBB and Ministry of Consumer Business Affairs in Ontario.