The Gap - www.gap.com - unable to cancel online order

# 2 for June 29, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on June 28, 2003:

From: Dawn Lemon [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_30268#]

RE: The Gap - www.gap.com - unable to cancel online order

I placed an order online at 9:30 pm, I decided to cancel the order the next morning at 7:20. I was told that the order could not be cancelled. However, the order has not left the warehouse. He told me there was no way to stop the order. I would have to have the order shipped and then I could return it to a store or return it to them by mail. I asked to speak with a supervisor.

His name is Gus, who was very rude and put me on hold in mid-sentence. I asked to speak with his supervisor. He put me on hold. I have now been on hold for 33 minutes and he came back to tell me his supervisor was unavailable for at least an hour. I am still holding. It seems odd that they can fill an order faster than cancel it. Especially when the order has not even been shipped. I am merely asking to have the order stopped.

I am a regular customer of the Gap, but after this I don't know why anyone would shop there. Customer service is very important and without it...there is nothing in my book.

04866d42, 2009-09-22, 04:43PM CDT

It is amazing! THREE YEARS LATER I am having the exact same problem. I am also a regular customer and I couldn't be more disapointed. How can it be SO difficult to cancel an order?