Posted on Friday, June 7th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 3766c5bc

Company: 1998 CADILLAC STS from Mike Daughtery Chevrolet, Sacramento, CA - water leaks in car, can't fix it

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 5, 2002:

From:

RE: 1998 CADILLAC STS from Mike Daughtery Chevrolet, Sacramento, CA - water leaks in car, can't fix it

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A USED 1998 CADILLAC STS FROM MIKE DAUGHTERY CHEVROLET ON FULTON AVE. IN SACRAMENTO.

SOON AFTER I HAD THE CAR I FOUND OUT THAT IT LEAKS WATER INTO THE OF THE CAR. I HAVE TAKEN IT IN 4 TIMES TO HAVE IT REPAIRED AND IT CANNOT BE FIXED. I STARTED TO THINK MAYBE THE CAR WAS WREAKED BEFORE I BOUGHT IT.

IN LOOKING INTO THE HISTORY OF THE CAR IT HAD CHANGED OWNERSHIP 3 TIMES BEFORE ME WITH ONLY APPROXIMATELY 30,000 MILE ON IT.

I TOOK IT IN TO A LOCAL BODY SHOP TO HAVE IT INSPECTED AND INDEED IT HAD BEEN HIT (HARD) ON THE SIDE THAT IT LEAKS. IN CONCLUSION MIKE DAUGHTERY CHEVROLET SERVICE MANAGER, AND GENERAL MANAGER BOTH TURNED ME AWAY. THEY WOULD NOT HELP ME.

I ASKED FOR THEM TO TAKE THE CAR BACK AND RETURN TO ME THE PAYMENTS THAT I HAD MADE ON THIS WREAKED VEHICLE . THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK I WILL HAVE TO GET A LAWYER.

THEREFORE I HAVE.