1996 Crestliner fishing boat - floor giving away beneath pedestal chair

Posted on Tuesday, June 4th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 18e432bd

Company: 1996 Crestliner fishing boat - floor giving away beneath pedestal chair

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 2, 2002:

From:

RE: 1996 Crestliner fishing boat - floor giving away beneath pedestal chair

I purchased a 1996 Crestliner fishing boat in the fall of 1999. When I purchased the boat it only had 83 hours on it. I havnt had too many problems with it (the normal wear and tear things). I use my boat about 3 weeks out of the year and 4 or 5 weekends a year. It is covered with a boat cover and a tarp when not in use. I took a week long fishing trip the middle of may.

My wife got into the boat and sat down in her pedistal chair and she noticed that the chair felt loose. I looked at it and saw that the floor was giving away. I have been around boats all my life and know that most people dont have to replace boat floors until the boat has seen 12 to 15 years of wear and tear.

I contacted a Local Crestliner dealer and they contacted Crestliner and they were told that there is no warranty because I am the 2 nd owner. I feel that this is a manufacurer defect. I really feel that Crestliner should take care of this problem instead of blowing me off. Well I better get going on replacing my floor, as I have another fishing trip coming up in 2 weeks.