Posted on Sunday, June 30th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 7bb19e0c

Company: HP deskjet 932C printer from Comp USA - couldn't get printer to work - rude treatment - warranty trouble

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 28, 2002:

From: Toni C [[email protected]]

RE: HP deskjet 932C printer from Comp USA - couldn't get printer to work - rude treatment - warranty trouble

I purchased a HP Deskjet 932C in August of last year and 3 days ago the light flashed that I was out of ink. I purchased a new ink cartridge for approx. $30.00 and installed it. That didn't fix it and after going through procedures, we find that the computer will now recognize it and the light contunied to flash that I was out of ink.

We uninstalled the program and re-installed it in an attempt to fix it. Nothing worked and we came to the conclusion the printer had a problem. I had purchased the 2 year warranty at Comp USA along with the printer.

I returned the defective printer and found they had discontinued that printer and I would now have to purchase and new one for the same $ amount or more. And in order to have the new one with a warranty, I would have to purchase a new one of those also. Looking throught the selection, the new one that would take the same ink cartridge (the one I just purchased), would cost me an additional $75.00.

I went to the manager with a complaint that I felt I was being taken for a ride and he replyed, yes Madam. I said the printer that is appox. the same price takes a different ink cartridge and I have just wasted me money. He replyed, yes Madam. I then got very angry and told him I would no longer do business with this company, he replyed, O.K. Madam.

I went to the counter and payed for the new printer that was appox. the same price and left the store and will never return unless this printer fail to work in the next 14 days.

I have never been treated so rudely and the printer I purchased 10 months ago along with the $55.00 warranty just cost me an additional $22.00 and my 2 year warranty is used up while the printer was still under the one year warrany that it came with. Not to mention the $30.00 I out for the cartridge that I just purchased.