Posted on Saturday, June 29th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by a911fc98

Company: Electronic Arts Game Medal of Honor Frontline - battle on Omaha Beach trivialized by video game

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 27, 2002:

From: [email protected]

RE: Electronic Arts Game "Medal of Honor Frontline" - battle on Omaha Beach trivialized by video game

I am really disgusted by a new game called "Medal of Honor Frontline" distributed by Electronic Arts for Play Station 2. It isn't just a war inspired video game, which I'm sure are very popular and enjoyed by many.

This is a specific battle that is being depicted and whose brave soldiers, that fought it, are being exploited.

My grandfather fought in that battle on Omaha Beach and it was the most frightening, traumatic experience of his life. He only survived it by the grace of God. To have children playing this game and fantasizing about being in this particular battle is mind boggling and very upsetting.

It really doesn't do justice to the men who risked their lives on June 6, 1944 by trivializing it into a video game. No one should PLAY what these men had to LIVE. I don't know who to tell or how to stop this horrific game from being sold any longer. I am just so upset by this I can't even fully explain. N. Boucher

Massachusetts