Posted on Thursday, June 27th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 1a3851ef

Company: Travelscape.com - unable to change reservation, only cancelled or kept as is - poor service

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 25, 2002:

From: res08ddl [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_29856#]

RE: Travelscape.com - unable to change reservation, only cancelled or kept as is - poor service

I have just completed the Las Vegas hotel reservation system from Hell@ TRAVELSCAPE.COM. At least two weeks prior to departure, we made reservations for a major Las Vegas hotel with Travelscape.com who advised that there was no problem with cancellations more than 3 days prior to scheduled arrival. A change in plans cost over 5 phone calls.

The first phone call included a bomb shell announcement that the entire reservation could be cancelled or the entire reservation kept, but no alternatives, and she couldn't help now, call back in an hour. I called back. This rep couldn't help at all, I'd have to speak to the first rep, but he can't find her name or number. Call 3, he now has heard of rep #1, but sorry she's at lunch now. Rep 1 will call.

Of course Rep1 never does call. Call 4, not only is bombshell policy (never disclosed when the reservations were made) true, but now we have a new secret charge for cancelling at all. After 20 minutes more on hold waiting for a supervisor I hang up. Call number 5 I finally succeed in cancelling the reservations. Each call forced me to wait on hold over 15 minutes.

Each rep was courteous, but unable to provide information. this is ridiculous and the firm, in my opinion, TRAVELSCAPE.COM should be avoided.