Posted on Thursday, June 27th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 3323c834

Company: 1999 Cadillac Catera from Guy Hill Cadillac, San Diego, CA - multiple electrical and mechanical failures

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 25, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_29846#

RE: 1999 Cadillac Catera from Guy Hill Cadillac, San Diego, CA - multiple electrical and mechanical failures

In October 1999, I leased a '99 Cadillac Catera from Guy Hill Cadillac in San Diego, California.

Since the beginning of the lease, this car has had multiple electrical and mechanical failures, not to mention that the hinge on the driver's side door has broken not once, but TWICE (approximately six weeks apart in two separate locations on the same hinge).

I have a stack of receipts for repairs that have been made on this car throughout the warranty period. I also have a stack of receipts for rental cars I had to use while my Catera was being repaired.

I paid Cadillac prices and ended up frequently driving around in a Neon, a Lumina, a Saturn, and a Cavalier while my Catera was in the shop. I have spent countless hours in dealership waiting rooms as a result of this regrettable purchase. As a self-employed individual, that diverted valuable

time and energy away from my livelihood.

Clearly, Guy Hill Cadillac sold me a car that does not live up to the highly respected name of Cadillac. That is interesting because in their Mission Statement, Guy Hill Cadillac states, "Each customer should benefit as

a result of each experience with us."

I most certainly did NOT benefit from my experience with Guy Hill Cadillac. Instead, I ended up wasting my time, effort, and resources on a dealership that showed little or no respect for their customers.

Sincerely,

Joan Brady - San Diego, CA.