Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 513f7f59

Company: 2002 Saturn L100 - brake problem - wheels constantly turn black with brake dust - normal characteristic

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 24, 2002:

From: bob e jones [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_29883#]

RE: 2002 Saturn L100 - brake problem - wheels constantly turn black with brake dust - normal characteristic

I have a problem with black dust coming from the front brakes on my 2002 Saturn L100. The brake dust turns the front wheels and wheel covers black. I have to constantly clean the front wheels to remove this dust. I have contacted the Saturn dealership, and the Saturn Customer Assistance Center in Spring Hill, TN.

The reply is the same; Saturn is aware of the problem and there is absolutely nothing they can do to resolve or correct the problem. The is considered a normal characteristic of the the vehicle.

If I had known this was a common characteristic of the vehicle I would have never purchased a Saturn L100. Saturn should advertise this normal characteristic, I am sure more consumers would purchase Saturns if this was a know characteristic of the vehicle.

I am stuck with a vehicle with wheels that constantly turn black with brake dust, and there is nothing one can do except get rid of the car.

Bob Jones