Ebay - Seller suspended - trouble using Ebay.com - one user's experience

Posted on Tuesday, June 25th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 48258643

Company: Ebay - Seller suspended - trouble using Ebay.com - one user's experience

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 23, 2002:

From: Nate Lucius [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_29902#]

RE: Ebay - Seller suspended - trouble using Ebay.com - one user's experience

It all started last February when I listed a video game called "Spot" for the Super Nintendo. The next day I received an e-mail from Ebay's Vero program, claiming I had violated the rights of the makers of the game and my auction had ended. After doing a little research I found out that “Virgin Studios” had went bankrupt almost a decade ago and have been out of business ever since. So why would they care?? Even though I had legally purchased this game, Ebay would not relist my auction. So I thought to myself “Alright it’s their site they can do what they want. No big deal.” The next few weeks went by with no problems until March, when I listed a Mortal Kombat game…..

The same day I listed this video game, I was informed by Ebay that my auction was pulled for “Keyword Spamming”. Apparently I had stated in the listing that this game is “for the Sega Genesis.” OF COURSE I LISTED WHAT SYSTEM THIS GAME IS FOR. If I didn't, how the hell would anyone find games for the Sega Genesis?? After e-mailing Ebay’s Customer Service (if there is such a thing) and explaining this situation, I received no response.

So I dug up their very hard to find 1-800 number. The person that I talked to told me that the best way to resolve problems was to e-mail them. Finally after my third e-mail, Ebay responded by sending me some generic letter about the rules which did not answer any of my questions at all. So finally I lost my patience and wrote them back telling them what I thought of their company (without any vulgarity). The next day I was informed all my auctions have been ended my account suspended for “repeated violations”.

I had been a loyal customer, in good standing, for over a year and a half. My feedback had over 210 positives with one neutral. I can’t believe they just tossed me out like tomorrow’s garbage. Since then I have wrote them twice demanding to know what exactly these violations were, but have yet to get a response. Then they send me an invoice including charges for the auctions they pulled (even though Ebay said they will be credited to my account).

I have disputed these charges on my mastercard and am filing a report to the BBB. Even if they reinstate my account I never plan to use Ebay again. From now on I am using Yahoo! for my auctions. Ebay can sell ejaculating butt plugs but they refuse my video games. Give me a break.

I can’t wait till the competition cleans Ebay’s clock Anyone else with tips or any similar experiences e-mail me at COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_29902# . Thanks for reading

6a5826d7, 2008-11-17, 07:03AM CST

Ebay is on its way out even based on MY situation, I have great feedback, I am in all good standings and I went to start to list items last night only to find a red warning YOU cant list, due to my DSR rating that is 3.98 not 4.1 I was like WHAT THE HELL.. the guy said that some bidders left bad dsr feedback ( I didnt know that existed) I said if I cant sell to have it be better then im screwed? he said contact the bidders to ask them to leave positive, PROBLEM is the ones who did this, thay had bought, never paid then left this negative DSR feedback, WHY< because they were fellow sellers who hated I list a $1000 watch on ebay for $1, they then then bid for alot more then it should be ( they team up to drive my items price way high (that is because they are selling the same watch for $1500 and mine oin for $1 no reserve pisses them off SO they buy it win it then dont pay, then they leave the bad DSR, so this week those dishonest sellers are selling away while my vintage watches are on th4e desk unabled to be listed....I will be launching NeatStuff4Sale this fall anyone interested email me at [email protected] this site will beat them all, not just sone lame auction site.. EBAY beware!!!!

ca958c0d, 2009-08-16, 07:34PM CDT

There is a forum I found on the internet that is free, and helps with Ebay, PayPal, business and the law. Just post any question, the experts will answer it if it has not already been answered!

The forum has a lot of expert advice on it. http://www.modeeworld.com/forums I found advice there about how to avoid EBAY suspensions, get past PayPal limitations, also lots of detailed help on creating your own business, getting past trademark violations, VERO and lots more. Plus general advice on how best to sell on EBAY, what sells the best, how to get the best price for your product, really everything related to EBAY and internet business.

Also advice about how EBAY really works and how PayPal really works. The inside scoop.

Beautiful forum. I was made a moderator of the forum and I love it!

117edacf, 2010-10-02, 03:37PM CDT

I had a $500 transaction ( jewelry) that someone claimed they didn't like. They mailed back an empty package with delivery confirmation and ebay refunded the $$$$. They facilitated theft.... and won't fix it...

I'm done with them!