1996 GMC 2500 - burning smell under dash - dimmer switch went out and required replacement

Posted on Sunday, June 23rd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 40d711e7

Company: 1996 GMC 2500 - burning smell under dash - dimmer switch went out and required replacement

Category: Other

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 21, 2002:

From: marvin flick [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_29947#]

RE: 1996 GMC 2500 - burning smell under dash - dimmer switch went out and required replacement

I have been complaining that I was smelling something under my dash like burning wire. No one would acknowledge that there was any problem with wiring of any sort in this model truck. I eventually had my lights go out when I switched from low to high beam.

I then took my GMC to the closest GM dealer where I now live and they knew immediately what the problem was.

They also told me that GM has had a recall on some of the newer models but not on the one that has the problem. That being my model year. I am suggesting that you recall this model year and all the others that are having the same problem before someone burns up in their vehicle.

I have my old switch and it is obvious that it had heated up. I.m also sure that is where my burning smell was coming from. The part number is 26097019 switch 2.895.

I feel I should also be reimbursed for this part and the replacement.

Thank you,

Marvin G. Flick

Luzerne, Mi

48636

TX

e-mail COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_67115#

I will be anxiously awaiting your response. I do not want to call Ralph. Please respond.


0 Comments

Post a Comment