Posted on Thursday, June 20th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 91be1c99

Company: 1999 Pontiac GrandAM 3.4L V6 - leaking anti-freeze out of the intake manifold - $ 450.00 to fix

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 18, 2002:

From: Justin Chambers [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_30045#]

RE: 1999 Pontiac GrandAM 3.4L V6 - leaking anti-freeze out of the intake manifold - $ 450.00 to fix

I just took my grandam to the shop today and was told it would cost about $450 to fix a problem which is very common with the 3.4L V6 engine.

The car is leaking anti-freeze out the intake manifold due to a gasket leak they said. I was informed they fix two to three of these a week and the problem is common. I would like to know why GM has not yet to make a recall.

Why should the owner have to pay to fix a $23,000 car? With only 53,500 miles I can only wonder what will go wrong next. I will be trading my car in as soon as I fix it.

I have been a proud grand am owner owning four cars over the past few years. Never had any problems except for this one. GM doesn't have any clue how bad they have messed up.

If you have had the same problem please let me know email COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_30045#. I will be forwarding all emails to GM's customer service department. We have to combat GM one way or another.

Justin Chambers