Cricket cell phones - billing problems - trouble with customer service

Posted on Sunday, June 16th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 0c687fc6

Company: Cricket cell phones - billing problems - trouble with customer service

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 14, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_30158#

RE: Cricket cell phones - billing problems - trouble with customer service

I am, or use to be a valued cricket customer. So I thought anyway. I have had 2 cell phone connected fron cricket. We needed these cell phone for home phones as well, I am a stay at home mom, and we could not afford @ cell phones and a home phone as well. I recently had my cellphone service "suspended" due to non payment. I did pay this bill and I have a moneyorder syubb for proof.

However when I Tried to call Customer Service to fix this problem, or find out what needed to be done so that my 42.06 was posted to my account, I was told, by a machine, that I was not allowed to speak with a "live" oporator because my service was suspended. I tried every phone number I could think of to speak with someone, with no luck. So, I fibbed. I pressed option one for connecting a new phone, and low a behold, a "live" person ready and willing to take my money.

I told this "live" person that I wanted to speaak with someone in billing, explained that I was not able to get a hold of a "live" person. Three people later , still no luck. I then became a little aggitated.I refused to hang up until I spoke with someone "in charge". Finally I was connected to Jason, batch # 0270. 10 minutes alter a little arguing and he still tells me I can not speak with a "live" person about my bill. Now if my phone was on, then absolutley.

He made the mistake of telling me that sometimes my payment will get to home base(Dallas) but it can take up to 10 days to post it. Well, I DONT THINK SO. While my money is laying on someones desk, I have no phone, two kids, and hopefully aa angel watching over me, because I obviouly can not call for help should I need to .Still he continues to sya I cant speak with a"live" person. I then ask for the regional office number, and guess what?

Of, course, the customer service reps, dont have that number,how convient. Then I ask for the corporate number, adn guess what? Again, they dont have that either. The best he could do was an E-mail address, I went to that and type my concern, adn a message pop up," we will respond up to 3-5 buss. days after recieving this postage."

So here I am, trying to find answers and where my money is, sitting at home with no phone and worndering why I am not the valued customer that they claimed I was. When my phone was on. I was also wondering where are all the "happy" CSR that were suppose to help me with any concerns?

A wise tip, you can get a cheaper phone service through alot of people, with GREAT customer service appreciation. Just look on the Net. Please take My advice,

DONT USE CRICKET!!!

Mondea Joy

1af85099, 2008-01-03, 10:07AM CST

Same issue, but when I was trying to cancel my service. I asked the first person that I got on customer service that I wanted to cancel my service and then he pretended that he couldn't hear what I was saying then hang up, I have been trying for two days after this call to get ahold of someone in customer service with no luck. Seems like as soon as I enter my phone number they refuse to answer my call... and yes I was able to get quickly contact a live person in the new contracts 800 number. Cricket was fine as long as it was working, the firt problem I had it has been a nightmare, the phone replacement plan is a joke, then send me a tiny Kyocera toy phone that didn't work in replacement for my Motorola which I bought for more than $200 dlls

5c0bc32c, 2008-01-18, 07:06PM CST

I have also had nothing but crap with this "company". I got my 1st cricket phone 2 months ago. 2 weeks later it stopped charging, so I took it back to the dealer and they were "nice" enough to charge me $10 shipping and handling for a new phone. Eventhough this phone was under warranty and was obviously crap, I paid it and got a new one. A week and a half later that phone stopped charging. So yet again, I went back paid another $10 and got a new phone. Well this phone charged, but unfortunatly didn't get service anywhere. (Even in their store) So when I would go to call someone I would be flooded with missed calls and voicemails from the day before. I yet again took it back and paid $10 more for a new phone. So phone #4 now does not have voicemail and when people call me it says its an invalid number, eventhough it is the same number I have always had. I wouldn't wish this company on my worst enemy. And I think the reason that you couldn't get ahold of a "live" person is because their employees all have cricket phones!! Don't worry this company will be bankrupt in no time

6c827aa2, 2008-02-25, 12:10PM CST

Absolutley, Cricket Customer Service is the worst in the cell phone industry and they don't care.

I will never use Cricket again even if they were the last cell phone company around.

e1e27c60, 2008-03-28, 10:05AM CDT

I understand your problems. After almost three years of service, I tried to disconnect in January and the person also seemed to "pretend" they couldn't hear.

On February 11, I spoke with Laura who transferred me to lead agent Etham to disconnect. My service WAS disconnected that day (I tested it) but learned later that it was reactivated because people were getting my voice mail when they called the number. My credit card continued to be billed.

When I visited the store where I purchased service yesterday, they couldn'g get into my "pending" account and said they, too, had problems when communicating with Cricket's overseas operators. I tried calling the 800 number again and after Maxima transferred me to the disconnection department, I was on hold for 38 minutes.

I called again this morning and the operator insisted upon trying to act like "today" is the day I want to disconnect. After being transferred to the disconnection department, I waited 31 minutes before I reached "Joseph." He again tried to act as if this was the day of my disconnection, not February 11. I told him I was turning on my tape recorder and had just pulled up a complaint form from the Federal Communications Commission. His response changed dramatically. Supposedly my account will be disconnected today, and I will receive a refund for the credit card amounts.

I still will file the form with the FCC. I recommend that everyone take the time to do this.

8e6e5dce, 2008-04-11, 05:58PM CDT

I'm a Cricket customer, and I'm totally fed up. It's impossible to get ahold of a human being when you call their "customer service" line, 1-800-CRICKET. (If anyone knows how, please tell me, but I've tried pushing every button they have as an option. You cannot return to the previous menu, so if their few choices aren't what you need, they disconnect with you after you try two things. They do not offer an option to speak w/ a representative, which is what's really making me angry.) This time I'm calling because they disconnected my phone when I was 1 day late paying (my fault), and I paid it right away online, it came out of my account, and it's now 6 days later and STILL not reconnected, even though the Web site and phone recording says it should reactivate a half-hour after your payment. I've been a bit late before, and after I paid, it reactivated it in a half-hour. This time, no phone service for 6 days now, and I can't get ahold of anyone to resolve the issue. I also have tried emailing their customer service, but obviously they probably don't even check those.

My sister also has Cricket (we don't like contract commitments, plus I enjoy the unlimited minutes and texts w/out the possibility of going over minutes or incurring extra costs from roaming), and she once had a problem and got hold of someone...who hardly spoke English and was obviously an outsourced call-center person, and who was very rude and didn't resolve the issue.

I have nothing against not speaking English, or against people who don't speak English: I DO have something against a company with mostly English-speaking customers that hires someone who speaks hardly any English as CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES.

Hello! Shoulda had a V-8!

Maybe I should just commit. Settle down. I am almost 30; I guess it's about time to grow up.

40e80a51, 2008-05-25, 09:08PM CDT

i alredy have account with cricket, but 6 or 7 weeks a go a lost my cell ph , just i dont want cricket close my account, i need to wait to can buy another phone.

my name is Ana Chanez

1031 n jerrie ave 214

tucson az 85711

and my phone number with cricket is 520 312 3509.

if u need more information about me just ,write to me at

[email protected]

thanks

Ana Chanez

bb0f184d, 2008-06-23, 10:18AM CDT

I have cricket. The disconnect my phone even though they show the bill is paid, then want to charge me the $15 to turn it back on. I got a person on the phone today to tell him what was going on, and he hung up on me, and now for some reason, when I enter my information in the key pad, it directs me to their "system that can handle this issue" instead of a person. CRICKET IS HORRIBLE!

3765c642, 2008-07-01, 09:29PM CDT

I started to use Cricket on June 3,2008.My plan is $35,00 and I add international text mssg plan $5,00.As soon I got home I've tried to send intl text,but the thing is I couldn't receive any intl text,I've tried to contact couple friends in another country to send me intl text again for couple of times.Unfortunately,I still couldn't receive any intl text.

I called the Customer Service(CS) right away,he said there's nothing wrong with my intl text,he said that it should be working and I have to try again.I've tried many times to send intl text to my friends,but still I can't receive any intl text.

I went to Cricket store in Dodge St,the CS checked my cell and she said there's nothing wrong with my phone.She suggested me if I still can't receive any intl text she'll make a trouble ticket.I said ok,just make a trouble ticket so the technical support can fix my problem.I asked the CS,how long does it take to fix my intl text,so I can receive my intl text cause I really need my intl text so I can contact my friends and family in another country,the CS said it took about a week or two.She also said that somebody will call me if it's been fixed.I've waited for 2 weeks,but nobody called me.

I called the CS like 4 times and I went back to the store, I got mad at her and I told her that she lied to me cause she promised me that after 2 weeks they can fix my problem.But they still can't fix my problem and not helping me at all.

I was really2 pissed cause it wasting my time,my money and my energy,I asked for a refund in 132nd W.Center,but they told me that they can't give any refund.They suggested me to do a trouble ticket again,I told them that I've already have a trouble ticket.They told me that I can exchange my cell but I have to pay $10,00 shipping fee.I finally talked to the Manager,she told me the same that she can't give me any refund and I have to do a trouble ticket again,but this time she said she can exchange my cell without shipping fee.I told her,I don't want that,I just want to end the service cause Cricket was not helping me as a customer and the service was really2 poor.She said if I want to end the service I just have to disconnect the service and she didn't say sorry for what the Cricket has done to me,not even once!What kind of service is this?I have to pay $78,86(cellphone+activation fee and other taxes) and Cricket is not really helping me at all,they're not even trying to help!And she(the manager) told me too that there's nothing she can do about it."Hello,there's nothing she can do about it?" Of course there is,Cricket should better give a good service to the customer,maybe the staff never get trained well of how to work in CS and how to work in cellphone bussiness.Loyalty customer is the most important thing.But they're not helping the customer at all and didn't offer the best solutions to all customer's problems.

Why using CRICKET??? So,everybody out there,DON'T EVER USE CRICKET!!! Cause they lied all the time,not helpful and BULLSHIT!!!!

5ed3b9ad, 2008-07-14, 01:20PM CDT

Hello, today is July 14, 2008. I purchased service June 9, 2008, and my found out my cell phone I had didnt work due to the speaker not working. After, activating service with cricket on June 9, 2008 I went back the very next day to get a new phone to work with my account. The agents refused to assist in getting a new phone, so that I could place phone calls, and recommended that I cancel my service. So, I cancelled my phone service on June 10, 2008 within 24 hours of starting service, and the local branch was kind enough to process a refund, and explained that I would recieve a check in the mail 30 days later. Today again July 14, 2008 I still have not received anything, so I called cricket, and found out my claim for a refund was denied, and the rep explained that it was because the service plan was unlimited. Not only are they rejecting to refund anything.. but I also was willing to eat an activation fee even though it was still within the first 24 hours. I will never in my entire life get service through cricket again. If anyone at Cricket wants to help out with any of the above problems I would very much appreciate, but seriously doubt that anything positive will become of this posting.

1099fac5, 2008-08-12, 11:49AM CDT

dear joy

I could not agree more. Crickets customer service stinks. Infact i was just looking for there people when i found this memo of yours. I need a copy of my statment from one year a go. I still have not recieved it even after i payed for it.this should be elegal to run a business like this. And they also cut my service after i payed a month in advance. atleast every three months this would happen.

Judy

e97d493e, 2008-08-27, 09:23AM CDT

I`ve been on hold for 30 minutes I had a question about my bill and no one is picking up to help me out I could have got you another customer but due to your lack of service he changed his mind and i`m about to do the same with my plan so wright me back asap

7166fb39, 2008-09-08, 05:23PM CDT

OMG!!! I hate Cricket! They have the rudest operators in the world!! I called becuz I payed my cricket bill on 8/25 and since it's pay as you go I pay it off and on. All of a sudden they have a monthly due date of 9/2. Even though I paid the bill on 8/25 and they show it they still suspended my service and won't give me service unless I pay up to November. PLEASE DON'T USE THEM! I HATE CONTRACTS BUT I AM SWITCHING TO TMOBILE BECUZ THEY HAVE THE BEST CSR! I am also going to take the advice of the prev person and file a complaint w/FCC. Please do this also so we can get them shut down or make their cust service actual cust service.

9a8c1d1d, 2008-09-08, 06:19PM CDT

Cust Serv in United States for Cricket: 866.384.4425. Enjoy

1b6bbc51, 2008-09-23, 05:56PM CDT

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_30158#

Thank you so much. I went through a very simular problem yesterday.

01e5b0d8, 2008-10-02, 12:42PM CDT

I cannot even BEGIN to tell you my many horror stories with Cricket's customer service. I was so angry one day over the THIRD fee they were charging me for something ridiculous, and arguing with a "customer service" representative, and I said to him, "Would you rather charge me the 15 dollars and lose me as a customer, or waive it and keep me as a bill payer for another year?" and HE said, "It doesn't matter to us if you leave or not." He was the manager on duty that day.

Another day, I went to a Cricket dealer for service, and even the guy who owned the store wouldn't call the customer service line---he had his secretary do it. He said they make him too mad and it's not worth his blood pressure!

I really enjoyed my unlimited text messaging and the nice low monthly payment, but I'd do without a cell phone rather than go back to them again.

689845ff, 2009-01-06, 09:53PM CST

I just paid my bill and yall keep clicking it off this happen twice already...its getting in the middle of my scedule and i cant keep taking this!..the bill was just paid so why do they keep clicking it of!!!

8722ba4c, 2009-01-17, 02:38PM CST

hi, i work for the call center of criket in latin america thats the place we are so you can now, and every customer is different with differents issues that true, i understand your frustration but you needs to now that we also are humans beans like you , with issues like you an is not fair that from 100% of the calls i take every single day the 80 % of the clients are rude,jell,use abusive language like on you country nobody teach you to use modals is sad that have you said that you are north american people are the best of the best an are so poor with modals, you will be treat like u treat everyone.we have patient but we are not stupids. i really dont understand how you can call asking for help you are jelling, telling us bitch, etc what kind of people live there.

we dont take personal we are there to help not be treat like garbage. must of calls are asking for credit, fishing credits, late payment with 15 fee, telling wghat you can do if you are unable to pay until you want to pay , god if you use somthing you need to pay this people are amazing doesnt want to pay bills, are not responsables we gave options to help because they doesnt like it or doesnt want to pay they are mad, my god, here we pay everything you dont pay is easy you cannt use service, we have dignity we arent calling any place telling hey you now what i dont ahve money to pay, my god thats embarassing for us, this people doesnt ashame //15 charge my god you paid late what u want is you fault be more polite so we can said wao he knows is late lets help him maybe is 1 st time, but no you start you need to waived it // you are late call us tellong what we need to do i dont think so//

delaer are that dealer they dont car abt you or you money, they are to made sales//always we tell our customer go to cricket main store because you are lazzy doesnt want to walk to be less fat everything you do is dial a number are so depents for machines god thats why you peolple are fat there

ask for receipts always are calling with out proof we arent magicians, we cannt trust people call an said i paid wheres proof of that thing a little//someone said i have reciept we told them gave me the number ok, when we said you need to send it to us because offcourse we arent infront of you to see it// they get mad my god doesnt want to walk//i understand the servcie line is there so we can answer your questions but you need to thimk a little, pay on due date be responsable on the things you want to use an enjoy remember that isnt free, nothing is free on this life.

8bfbe50b, 2009-01-26, 10:12PM CST

I HATE CRICKET!!!!! THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. I HAVE BEEN HUNG UP ON SEVERAL TIMES BY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. i WAS MISINFORMED ABOUT WHEN MY BILL WAS DUE AT LEAST 2 TIMES LEADING TO MY PHONE SERVICE BEEN SHUT OFF!! LASTLY, UPON PAYING MY BILL DESPITE BEING QUITE FRUSTRATED AT THIS POINT. THE IN- STORE SALES REP. PAYS MY MONEY ON ANOTHER ACCOUNT. NOW I HAVE BEEN GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND OFF OF SOMEONES ELSE'S ACCOUNT AND THE STORE OWNER WOULDN'T EVEN HELP ME TO GET THE PROBLEM SOLVED. HE TOLD ME TO CALL THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE # WHICH GUESS WHAT NEVER ANSWERS. THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO BE IN BUSINESS.!!!! THINKING ABOUT CRICKET BEWARE!!! THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY!!!!!!!!!

c25747da, 2009-01-27, 11:05AM CST

This is becoming Standard Operational Procedue for several of these providers. I couldn't get anything but a busy signal at Cricket the other day. I am about to try to retrieve a "promised discount from Cricket for my wifes 5 month old phone. I know this is going to be a "t r i p". I am anticipating all kinds of resistance and thinking about a future course of action to make these companies start to "tow the line" - actually live up to their claims. We all need to unite by e-mail on a forum; plan to communicate and unite on several types of boycotts to cut off our service; (imagine 20,000 Cricket customers shutting down all at once),Also we all bombard the Better Business Bureau all at once to get them to "ring Crickets Bell".

Unify with BAD Publicity Demonstrations filmed for You Tube and make a law suit pool. I'm way ahead of myself at this moment but I will follow up. Hey Folks - - Do you want DEMOCRACY in this country? If yes this is the model to take for action. Legislators are no better either if you don't keep after them. Regards, Sign me Advanced Atavist.

1fa8e98d, 2009-02-03, 02:29PM CST

I have had cricket for almost 8 months and i pay each month ontime we addeda phone to our service but when my hubby got laid off we had to cut corners and well had to stopt he phone i paid ina dvance the payment for the phone beofre it was the due the one phone we had with it was up to date the customer service said they credit money back to our phone that we ahd on well month wnet by and well make long story short we called them and checked everyday to see if credit was to phone we had on.. and nope it wasnt it ws there we paid 95.00 but well it stillwanted our money for feb i told them that you need to credit phone i paid for broadband seprately no prob well noone would give us any answers and we are now without a phone thanks to them no real email to to talk to them weven through there own internet noone replies...so well yep looking into another services as they suck big time i hate cricket too

bc2cc964, 2009-06-19, 10:52AM CDT

Yes!!!! I ordered a Cricket phone, paid for it and it has not shipped!!!!!!!!! They have my money, no one can give an answer. They have morans working for them who are rude. DONT USE CRICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

110fcce5, 2009-06-23, 07:57PM CDT

I need a rep for central NY to call me regarding a stoe for Cricket in Auburn NY. There is a mojor proublem and I would like to resolve the proublem befor I go to the better busness an small claims court..3155152103 as soon as possable.he stole my phone!

2d11abaa, 2009-06-25, 02:04PM CDT

i have the same problem with cricket.i had my phone turned back on after paying 54$ an they shut me off 3 days later.they tried 2 tell me that i owed another 66$.I DONT THINK SO!MY KIDS LIVE OUT OFF STATE AN I WAS GONA CALL MY LITTLE GIRL AN WISH HER HAPPY B DAY BUT GUESS WHAT?CRICKET SHUTS ME OFF FOR NO REASON!SO I PAYED 74$ 4 A WEEK OF SERVICE!CRICKET IS NOTHING MORE THAN THIEFS!

9bd12029, 2009-06-29, 09:49AM CDT

you can get right in to speak with a live rep by calling direct line at 614 652 6665 Thank you project mang. for cricket (William T Slone)

f0253b17, 2009-06-30, 12:46PM CDT

I SWEAR that the customer service reps at cricket have a little red buttom they can push if you piss them off in a disputed phone conversation that will ultimately force you to hear the automated system for the next three months! Those duche bags owe me some money back!

Anonymous, 2009-07-01, 10:19AM CDT

Follow the prompt that says if you want to add a line!!! Otherwise I was told the easiest way to get thru is by pressing 611 on the cricket phone.

00fd31ef, 2009-07-08, 05:01PM CDT

well, i have to agree that Cricket is absolutely horrible with thier "customer service" I paid for a full month for 15 days worth of service.

They refuse to even try to work with thier customer. I am too angered to type the details. Dont let this happen to you, dont use cricket. If it does happen pls report it to BBB. I myself am actually going to get some friends together and hand out flyers, outside of a Cricket store in Denver.

2e4fea09, 2009-10-14, 04:16PM CDT

I HAVE HAD IT EVERY TIME I COME INTO THE CRICKET STORE ON MENAUL BLVD IN ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON WHO TREATS ME WITH RESPECT ROSERIEA.EVEN LAST TIME I CAME IN THE MANAGER ACTED LIKE HE WANTED MR TO HURRY UP AND LEAVE.IM HERE AGAIN TRYING TO DEAL WITH A MULTI BUILLION DOLLER CORPERATION WHO TEATS ME AS A WORTHLESS COUSTOMER WHILE I AM TRYING TO START SEVERAL MULTI MILLION DOLLER CORPERATIONS AND LAW SUITES.I HAVE REQUESTED A LIST OF MY BILL BECAUSE I FEEL THERE HAS BEEN A PROBLEM THIS WOMAN DID NOT EVEN WANT TO READ THE INFORMATION ON HER COMPUTER SCREEN FROM YESTERDAYSCONVERSATION ON THE PHONE WHEN YOUR COMPUTERS WERE DOWN FOR PAYMENT OVER THE PHONE IT CHARGED ME $1.00 THAT WENT THROUGH TO MY BANK BUT THE REST OF THE BILL DID NOT NOW WHAT AM I SAPOS TO DO WHEN MY ADDED PHONE LINE WAS TO BE FRE FOR A MONTH BUT YOU CHARGED US $55.00 TWO WEEKS LATER AD YOUR COMPUTERS STILL WONT TAKE THE MONEY I HAV TO PAYMY BILL AND I CANT GET A PRINT OUT FROM YOUR CRAPY PERSONELL AFTER YOURPHONE PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME 5 TIMES TO GO INTO THE STORE AND MY NEW PHONE IS BROKE 3 WEEKS AFTER I GOT MY INSURANCE CLAIM AND NOW THE HAVE NO INSURANCE CLAIM PHONES HERE SO THEY WANT ME TO MAIL MY PHONE TO THE MANUFACTURE WITH NO BACK UP PHONE OFFERED AN IF IM NOT SATISFIED WITH THESE PEOPLE THAN THEY TELL METO GO GETMY PHONE SERVICE SOMEWERE ELSE.IS THIS REALLY HOW I AM TO RUN MY MULTI MILLION DOLLER CORPERATION LIKE THIS AS IF MY COUSTOMERS ARE CRAP IM TELLING YOU I WILL TAKE YOUR CORPERATION TO COURT AND FILE A LAW SUITE

b222dd35, 2009-10-21, 10:14AM CDT

I also have tried to reach customer service, and it has been a waste of time.

All I get is the automated answers, and long delays.

I am tired of these powerful companies fully armored and protected up to the point where you can not contact anybody that can answer your question, much less that can solve your problem.

I guess that is corporate america

What a shame!!

92dc3d08, 2009-11-16, 08:43AM CST

wow cricket is evil. they extort $$ from their customers. do not ever use them, you WILL regret it.

75a941ea, 2009-11-17, 04:07AM CST

I have trying to make my payment 19 times online and each time it says my information does not match,WTF?I used the same card to pay last month and the month before....it appears to be a database problem on the cricket website but these dummies won't fix it so,I will be shut off soon because they won't process my payment.I never heard of such a thing.My bank told me it was approved on my credit card but for some reason crickets website is screwed up.I also tried the automated phone service to pay with no luck. Time to call corp and try to talk to an American for once.It seems that all the indian customer service agents are wortheless.

3f3230c9, 2009-11-25, 02:01AM CST

I agree with all that has been posted on this web-site regarding Cricket customer service. IT IS A NIGHTMARE! AVOID CRICKET - It is better to pay more money - than fool around with this Mickey Mouse company. I sent two e-mails over the last four days. They won't even respond to me when I threaten to cancel my phone service. I have paid on-time with automatic bill pay for the last 4 years. Due to a change in credit card because of some fraud that occured to me - I contacted Cricket and gave them my updated cr.card info---of course, they don't process it --- and consequently shut my phone down. Now, I can't get a hold of anybody. It's prett crazy. I am done with these losers and plan on upgrading to a real cell phone service. A cell phone that actually gets reception outside of Portand, Oregon. What a waste of time and energy!

saturday 11:00am - nov.21, 2009

Assistance requested: My credit card info had been updated - but failed to be processed by your personel. I have attempted to correct this- impossible customer service. Frustrated. I wish to cancel my service completely.

Tuesday 11:30pm - Nov. 24,2009

I have had zero response in the last 4 days. I am very unhappy with Cricket. I wish to cancel my phone service. I also plan on cancelling my wife's phone service as well. I will be sure to spread the word how Cricket is to be avoided. reply.

49d3a20c, 2009-12-10, 01:38PM CST

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH 1-866-384-4425 CRICKET CS. (HA-HA-HA) LAST MONTH, DUE TO DOUBLE AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS, MY BILL WAS OVERPAID. I CALLED AND WAS PROMISED A REFUND. 30 DAYS LATER STILL NO REFUND. I HAD TO CALL SEVERAL TIMES TO 1-800-CRICKET BUT WITH NO SUCCESS. TODAY, OVER A MONTH LATER, I WAS TOLD I NEEDED TO CANCEL MY SERVICE TO GET A REFUND. TALK ABOUT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I AM 70 YEARS OLD AND FIND THIS COMPANY WORSE THAN ANY OTHER I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH AND ALL OF MY INTERNET FRIENDS WILL BE TOLD MY STORY. NO CRICKET FOR ME THANK YOU.

f6bb95dc, 2010-01-29, 02:28PM CST

Hey, a great way to combat shoddy communication services is to file a complaint with the FCC. I did it against cricket and I sincerely hope anyone having a tough time with them will file a complaint as well.

Although I am still fighting them on my issues regarding roaming , among other things such as their

billing practices, I strongly urge anyone with any true issues to do the same. Good Luck !!

ad3ce3a2, 2010-02-26, 12:53AM CST

Yes, I completely agree. Cricket hasn't posted two of my payments, one on time payment and a "balance fee" I paid over the phone. It's absolutely nerve-wrecking to deal with them when you have an issue, since they have absolutely zero customer service. I called the various customer service options numerous times, it keeps hanging up on me. Then I sent an e-mail but never got a response. I went into a Cricket store to gain resolution and brought in all of my confirmations for my online payments with the codes and the 'thank you for your payment' e-mails but no, that wasn't enough. Now I am being asked to give them my credit card statement, too. I am fit to be tied right now because I have never been late on my bills or had an issue before. Yet, it is absolutely maddening to gain resolution.

e18aaf7b, 2010-02-27, 02:44PM CST

i totaly argee cricket blows!!!

20df0237, 2010-04-22, 11:43AM CDT

OMG !! I WAS ONE DAY LATE, BOOM, SHUT OFF..OK IF THAT IS HOW THEY ROLL..FINE...SO I CALLED THAT DAY I WAS SHUT OFF..CLUELESS FOREIGN REP SAID IF I PAY 17.00 THAT DAY, PHONE WILL BE BACK ON...SO I PAID IT W/MY DEBIT..HE SAID COME FRIDAY, PAY THE REST YOU OWE OF 24.00 AND YOU ARE STILL GOOD TO GO...TODAY I CALLED AS MY 24.00 IS DUE TOMORROW..I JUST WANT TO BE SURE OF MY BALANCE...NOW THE AUTO LINE SAYS I OWE 34.00..THE REP NEVER EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT 10.00 FEE....NEVER !!! SO I CALLED 800 CRICKET...I CANT GET THRU TO A LIVE PERSON TO SAVE MY LIFE ! IT JUST IS PURE AUTOMATED ...THEN IT WILL HANG UP ON YOU..THIS HAS TO BE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERIVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED..I WORK IN COLLECTIONS MYSELF AND I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THE CUSTOMER IS ...CRICKET COULD GIVE A CRAP I AM HERE TO TELL YA ! I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN

d6b749bf, 2010-04-22, 05:46PM CDT

Cricket doesnt have Contracts. HOw much do YOu want . OF Course Cricket is going to turn you off right away. And if you mailed in your payments, it tells you on the paper bill that you have to mail it in with in 7 to 10 days. Come On People NEed to stop being lazy and read information before you claiming that Cricket is Doing you wrong.

9cfc9764, 2010-04-26, 09:07AM CDT

Good morning,

My name is Emmanuel Keels, my cricket number is 505.315.9609. I began my service at the end of Feb'2010. When I received my first bill in Mar'2010 there were some concerns. I called the customer service line, spoke with someone who after a 15/20 discussion gave me an amount (approximately $65.00) that I should pay that I could agree with. I promply went to a cricket outlet and made that payment.

On Apr' 21, when inquiring about my Apr' billing, it was told to me that there were no notations made to reflect my conversation in Mar'2010.

At that time again I spoke with an individual who said he was a floor supervisor within the custoer service department. Again I was assured that an adjustment would be made and that I should pay an amount ($52.66) agreed upon and that he would make such notations to reflect the same.

On Apr'24, when attempting to pay my bill at the agreed amount I was told it would not be an acceptable amount and that if I were to pay that amount, that my phone service would be subject to disconnection for paying an incomplete amount.

I called customer service and again was told that there was only an amount of a $5.00 adjustment and none other.

After having had two previous conversations with customer service representative (one being a floor supervisor), and then two seperate supervisors on Apr'25, I find that the customer service department is not (in my opinion) doing a job satisfying the customer.

I would think that an adjustment in the amount of $35.00 would and should have been made in order to save a customer, no matter the amount.

I spoke with customer service with dates, times and amount of conversation which should have been taking as something of truths. Instead I was treated as if I were someone who did not deserve said adjustment.

Again in my opinion this is not good customer service.

I realize that I am just one customer of Crickets' many thousands and that my some dollar amount on my bill will not be missed in the realm of finances within cricket. However you can be assured that my small word of mount of cricket customer service practices will be discussed amount my circle of friends.

A Very Dissatisfied Cutomer,

Emmanuel Keels

f0d87ab9, 2010-06-16, 08:14PM CDT

Cricket is WORTHLESS!!! When you call now days, first I got a rep in Asia, then they transferred me to Central America (Thanks for the big corp tax credits for exporting jobs G Dub-Dub-Dubya Bush!)

Anyways, I called 5/29 to change my credit card number for automatic payments, thought all was fine till today when I found out my broadband modem was shut off. They told me that I needed to make a payment, cause it was past due. Stated that they ALREADY had info on file for auto payments. Rep in C.A. told me that is would take 30 days to kick in. This is the 3RD TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME IN 6 mos!

Personally, I think they hold out processing the auto payments for 30 days so they can charge you $10 to turn it back on again (Pure profit) I work in financial services, and an EFT can be done in 24 hours so dont know why it takes them 30 days to do what other companies do in 24 hours??

So I asked the rep for a number and address of the corporate office, he gave me a local cricket store phone number and said that is all he had. Cricket is a brand name supposedly owned by Leap Wireless, if I find the true corporate info, I will be sure to post it on this website for all to file complaints!!

In any case, I am filing a complaint with the FCC as this pushed me too far this time. Also, time to look for a new carrier, STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING CRICKET OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

fe14c5eb, 2010-06-23, 08:20AM CDT

Hi Cricket customer service center

My name is Sandra J. Dixon my cell phone number is 708-770-4637. How ever i'm out of town in Birmingham Alabama. I can't call out to my home in chicago will you please help me? Or will you please give me extra minute for out of town uses. Thank you very much!!!!

Sandra J. dixon

fe14c5eb, 2010-06-23, 08:21AM CDT

Hi Cricket customer service center

Sandra J. dixon

c89f01b2, 2010-07-28, 03:47PM CDT

this is a bunch of bull**** im tryin to talk to a REAL person cuz i paid my bill today and my phne still isnt on ther is NO REAL peeps that wrk ther.... i just want my phne back on!!!!!

f7d954f2, 2010-08-13, 11:08PM CDT

I'm in a charge dispute with my credit card company over Cricket's terminating my service for non payment even when I had signed up for autopay - and then they charged me anyway. And my credit card company (Discover) won't stop them from making further charges! This is called broadband hell from a lousy company with customer service so bad it's almost impossible to talk to someone. They won't provide me with records of my service and when I checked my usage on my accounts page they had outrageous "ESTIMATIONS" of usage when I wasn't even connected! This company sucks!

2cb0608d, 2010-08-18, 05:06PM CDT

we have had problems with cricket billing us and them keeping track of our credits. we paid in advance for broadband service 3 months and get 1 month free. well we recieve a bill saying we owe $3 dollars by today or they will shut us off.. we have already paid 3 monthe in advance we were to get the 4th month free so our bill should be Nothing until October 2010 $0 dollars not 3 or anyother amount. after spending countless hours arguing with errigant employees at cricket in Riverdale Utah office and another 20 minutes to some Dude in "india" and another hour at the location on washington blvd finally they after we paid another $7 Dollars are told we will get it fixed for you. I Hate like Heck paying my hard earned Dollars to a company that has 'no' interest in helping you. The Worst Expierence Ever.

50c82403, 2010-09-06, 02:22PM CDT

I have gone as far as piceting infront of their local store, all it did was close the store for the afternoon and gave me sunburn, I live in Texas and this was last August. But i broke down 5 months later and got another cricket phone, stupid stupid stupid, the no live person gets my goat. I think if enough people band together we can shut them down, or I need a job as well as many other helpful americans, maybe they need to employ someone who can talk.

f6c0d5fc, 2010-10-20, 02:01AM CDT

i feel that whether i make a bridge payment or not that the system should still let me spk to a representative. if yall demanding yalls money when its due. the least yall could do is provide GOOD CUSTOMER FEEEDBACK AND ACCESS TO A REPRESENTATIVE.

47c2ccfa, 2010-11-19, 08:55AM CST

There are many reasons why many of the customers feel that their billing is incorrect..bcoz, they used to have contract phones with other service providers and here it's pay in advance and you are getting services for $35 where you can call and txt nationwide which other service providers will not let you..and no credit check.. if you can go for credit check and and can afford high bills...you can always go for other providers...how ever you will not as can't afford and defaulter...So ...have to go through all these...

sorry...its the fact...

Thank you...

I have answer for all those questions...if all these guy who wrote every thing about cricket here...I am using cricket from 2001 and till date I have no issue...as I understand the terminology service provider use and have the billing expertise...

fa5c1489, 2011-01-27, 02:24PM CST

So, I have had Cricket broadband now for almost 3 years. Service has been so-so, but where we live, we have limited options for internet without paying a hefty price. It was better than dial-up so we took what we could get for the $40 price tag. This month, when I paid my bill on their web-site, the first time I did it, the web-site didnt advance and then switched to the page could not be displayed. I re-signed in and it wouldnt let me pay. I being stupid assumed that the charge had not processed because it had not hit my bank account either. I tried several times that day and it wouldnt allow me to process a payment. The following day, I checked my bank account, no charge and I didnt receive my payment confirmation email, so I went into their web-site again and processed the payment and this time it went through and gave me a confirmation. A few days later, while balancing my checkbook, I discovered that I have been charged twice. I called the number listed on my bank statement and spoke with Joy, who indicated that it would take 7-10 business days for me to receive the refund. She indicated that I would have to go to a Cricket store and show them my bank statement even though in her system both payments had cleared the account. I contacted my bank about disputing the charge and they told me that I would have to wait 30 days. I went to a local Cricket store and they told me that I would have to go to a Corporate store because they couldnt handle things like that from that store. I couldnt get to the corporate store in time, so I called the 800 number again and spoke to Rebecca who told me that her system was down and asked me to call back in 15 minutes and hopefully the systems would be back up. I called again, speaking to Michelle (the third Indian worker that is trying to hide this by using everyday American names, duh the thick accent is obvious) and she rolled off a phone number and told me to call them and give them and explanation and they would process the refund. I called that number to find it was a fax number. In my frustration, I decided to visit a corporate store the following day.

Upon arrival to the corporate store the following day on Outer Loop in Louisville, KY, I spoke to a woman that obviously came from the DMV because she had a horrible attitude and could care less about my situation. I gave her the bank statement and she indicated that the refund would take 2-3 weeks. When I told her that customer service said 7-10 days she indicated that she didnt know why they told me that. By the time I get the refund, the next payment will be due. In my anger I left. I know this is only $42, but it is the principal of it. Their system messed up and they are keeping my money. I will be going back tomorrow night to request the refund. I was able to get broadband through T-Mobile (my cell phone company) and will actually be saving a few dollars. I have had service with T-Mobile for about 6 years now and have never had an issue like I have with Cricket. Cricket doesnt care about customer service, nor customer loyalty They are taking advantage of the people that cant get a phone elsewhere because they think that is their only option. Dont waste your time or money with them you can get better service and better coverage with Boost!

389246c5, 2011-06-03, 07:43AM CDT

I am a Cricket customer. The only problem I had was that my bill is paid on time and before I could pay June they had me billed for July, I said to the Rep. that I got no infro. in regards to paying my bill for two months she said that it was a mistake even though my bill is due in the first they always text and say its due on the 2nd. real confusing and inconsisting. I let them know that I would find another provider. she apologized and said I only owe for June. We need people that we can talk to not machine.

f8b026c5, 2011-10-01, 10:04AM CDT

i payed a bmy bill yesterday and my phone is not on

f2c35ab6, 2011-11-30, 01:13PM CST

call to speak with a suppervisor and can never get one

c7832e68, 2012-10-31, 02:52PM CDT

I got a text-message dun on SUNDAY!!! 10-28-12 but I had already mailed my payment the week before on 10-20-12. It was due the 26th. Then Monday the 29th my phone was cut off. I have called *611 seven times today starting before 8:30 AM, but always get a recording about how because of a "high call volume, you may experience longer than normal hold times". They want a "bridge payment" of $20. Why? The funny thing is they cashed my check either yesterday or today, the 31st. They HAVE the money and would have had it sooner if they'd done their job and cashed it sooner! I can't cash the check for them.

If I can't get satisfaction, including getting my bill prorated for the past three days to compensate for this debacle, I'm going back to Verizon.